CC Permit

swidener

Just curious...how long did it take to actually 'get' your CC permit after all the information was turned in to your local Sheriff's dept (or wherever you had to turn it in)? I live in NC and they stated it can take up to 90 days....what actually takes this long if you have no criminal background? Again, I am a newby so please excuse me if there is another thread related to this subject already.

Mine in Ohio was 10 or 12 working days.............but I think that was because of Thanksgiving. In Ohio they have 45 days to complete the process.

Happy CC!

Here in Indiana, the process is as simple as going to the police station and bringing the fee with you in the form of a money order, as well as postage stamps, cash for the notary, and identification. While there, you get fingerprinted and fill out the form, and that's all. When I did this for my 4-year permit in 2004, I got my permit in the mail later that month. When I applied for the lifetime LTC in 2008, it took a little longer, about a month and a half.

How long did it take to get my cc permit?

Just curious...how long did it take to actually 'get' your CC permit after all the information was turned in to your local Sheriff's dept (or wherever you had to turn it in)? I live in NC and they stated it can take up to 90 days....what actually takes this long if you have no criminal background? Again, I am a newby so please excuse me if there is another thread related to this subject already.

I believe it was 6-8 weeks, which was faster than what I was told to expect (up to 12 weeks?). This was in Michigan in the Fall of 2009.

At the time that I applied (to the local county sheriff's department), I was told that there were so many applications that the current staff could not keep up--at all levels of government (county, state of Michigan, and FBI for criminal background check)--therefore wait times to receive the permits was taking up to 12 weeks for my county.

Resident SC 110 Days, Fla NON RES 93 days BUT this was while the BIG RUSH was on. Both States have improved to about 30 days from what I've been reading here.

Applied for the AZ NR permit. How long does that generally take? I have NH,VA and PA permits,and AZ wanted copies of them along with recent re qualification paperwork from my State the Oppessive State of Illinois.:mad:

Also and OT but
Can we update the reciprocity maps and pemit map information as calls to prospective States gave very conflicting info about guide lines.
AND FINALLY,
We as CCW people need to get up Governor Quinns back side to pass HB 0245
Which allows for CCW in Illinois. Mine is the ONLY state that doesnt allow this and Im TIRED of sitting back and letting my rights get raped.

Sorry for the Rant.

Cort in CHICAGO

Thanks

Appreciate all the replys...just hoping its not going to take the full 90 days or longer :no:!! The waiting is going to be the worst part for me as I'm sure it was for most of you as well....sad you can't just walk up in the sheriff's office give them your info, finger prints, get your permit, pay the $ and be on your merry way!!...at least not in NC.

ARIZONA UPDATE:

I sent out on Dec 4th, They got it the 10th, I was issued the permit on Dec 16th.
OUTSTANDING TURNAROUND TIME FOR ARIZONA! This should be listed as a "gold star" state for the very polite and professional way they handle CCW permits.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back