CC Permit from FLA

MattTheBeerGuy

When I took my handgun safety class the topic of CC came up, obviously. We were
told that we should look into the FLA permit. I actually did such and have the
paperwork ready but I was just wondering why is the FLA permit so important ?
Thanks. Matt

Doesn't have to be FL...you could also look into AZ or UT. These 3 give you the most coverage for out of state permits.

FL
d762cf0b.jpg

UT
533818c4.jpg

AZ
Link Removed

Last edited:
One of my permits is a FLA one. It is just easy and convenient to get one. We had my step son applied for his FLA when he turned 21 just so he can have a permit to carry. At the time MO's requirement was 23 years of age. But this year, MO lowered the age limit so when he comes home for a likely visit for Christmas, we will have him go and apply for his MO one instead of waiting next year after his birthday.

once you get a Fla permit ,if you get it. It show that one of the most aggressive background checks in the country has been run on you.. crossed with FBI DEA and Treasury In Fla. They wanna make sure you are not a criminal.. but even with all of this .. one can get through the cracks once in a blue moon

That means that as a Texas resident I can get a non resident permit from an other state such as Utah. South Carolina will not recognize the Utah permit because I an not a resident of Utah. You stated that South Carolina does honor a permit of a Florida resident. There could be a non resident Florida license holder.

You should always get the non resident licence instead of relying on reciprocity. Federal law prohibits anyone with a firearm to be within 1000' of a school zone, unless you have licence issued by that state. Imagine trying to circle around all the schools to get to where you are going, expecialy if you dont live there.

Please do not refer to a Florida CWFL [Concealed Weapon or Firearm License] as a "permit". Sorry to be a "nit picker"; but it's like interchanging "Mag" and "Clip".
Have a nice day.
GH

but it's like interchanging "Mag" and "Clip".

You might want to study some firearm history:

Link Removed

CLIP
A device for holding a group of cartridges. Semantic wars have been fought over the word, with some insisting it is not a synonym for "detachable magazine." For 80 years, however, it has been so used by manufacturers and the military. There is no argument that it can also mean a separate device for holding and transferring a group of cartridges to a fixed or detachable magazine or as a device inserted with cartridges into the mechanism of a firearm becoming, in effect, part of that mechanism.

AND from Remington:

Link Removed

Model 597™ Magazine Clip
Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan