CC in church

Once again an armed gunman walks into a church, opening fire on a church member leading a prayer session. When are the politicians going to realize that the "No guns in Churches" law just creates open season shooting galleries for the wacko nut jobs that don't care about the so-called gun free zones.

1 dead in World Changers church shooting - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

FULTON COUNTY, Ga. -

Fulton County police say a man was shot and killed on Wednesday morning as he lead worship services inside World Changers International Church. The shooting suspect, who has been identified as former church employee Floyd Palmer, was arrested on Wednesday afternoon.

During a 12:30 p.m. press conference, Fulton County Police Cpl. Kay Lester said Palmer, 51, walked into the church's chapel around 10:30 a.m., opened fire, and then calmly left.

Police identified the shooting victim as 39-year-old Gregory McDowell of Union city, a church volunteer who was leading church services when he was shot. Lester said investigators do not know yet if he was targeted.

The shooting occurred in what the church calls its chapel, where members were holding the morning prayer service. There were 20 to 30 people present at the time, but no one else was hurt. Police interviewed witnesses who were inside the chapel at the time of the shooting, some of whom identified Palmer as the shooter.

Police took Palmer into custody just before 4 p.m. at Lenox Square in Buckhead.

Cpl. Lester said Palmer used to work as a maintenance man at the church, but he resigned from his position earlier this year.

The megachurch in south Fulton County is pastored by the Rev. Creflo Dollar. SKYFOX 5 footage showed that Dollar was at the shooting scene shortly afterwards but was not present when the violence broke out. In his Wednesday evening sermon, which was streamed on the internet, Dollar said that he was in his morning briefing when he got word that there had been gunshots.

"It was a time of shock, sadness, sorrow, and time of remembering who Jesus is and what he has done for our lives," Dollar said.

The chapel is located in an older section of the church's campus, and it is also home to a daycare center. Dozens of children were inside at the time, but none of them were injured. Parents were seen coming to the church all morning long to pick up their kids.

Fulton County Schools placed McNair Elementary and Bethune Elementary Schools on lockdown as a precaution as police searched for Palmer. The lockdowns were later lifted.

Church members at the scene told FOX 5 they can't believe someone would walk into their church and do this.

The non-denominational church was established in 1981. It is headquartered on an 81-acre campus located about 15 miles southwest of downtown Atlanta. In the past 30 years, the congregation has expanded to about 30,000 members, according to its website. World Changers also has more than 20 satellite churches across the nation.

In Wednesday's service, Dollar talked about the victim and the suspects, who were both involved at the megachurch.

"We work so hard to prepare for the evil that comes from the outside in, and the challenges that come from the outside out…you can be clipped from something on the inside, from behind and that's what happened today," said Dollar.

Dollar said that the church would do everything that it could to support McDowell's wife and children.

The shooting isn't the first at the church. Back in 2005, Fulton County police opened fire on a man who stormed into the church building and fought with security guards. The man was later identified as a former security guard at World Changers International.

I know GA law says no CC in church, but does that mean only during worship services or other times people are gathered, or does that mean anytime? If a Pastor is a CCW permit holder, can he carry during the week in the office when no one but the staff is there?

He or any of us can carry everywhere, anywhere we are. You simply get a concealable handgun, good holster and whoala. I don't care if you are going into a bank, a church, a school, walmart, gas station, to work, a friends house, ball game or if you are going to a pet store you CAN carry. Maybe I've had a concealed handgun on me when I've gone through and into NY city, NJ, IL, any number of places you "cannot", and maybe I haven't for the purpose of this public forum. We all CAN and SHOULD carry everywhere. It's not like we are going to pull it out and wave it around to announce our CCW status (which would effectively end the first "C" in "CCW"). After all, if you have a LIFE THREATENING encounter, would you rather succomb to your death or dismemberment or would you rather be arrested for having a gun in a church? Seriously.
Let us know what cell you end up in, so we can drop you a line. I carry daily, but when I go to a place where it is illegal, I make a decision to (1) not go in. Or (2) disarm and leave the weapon in the car.

Packing Pastor: If you're referring to GeorgiaCarry arguing church carry in GA in front of SCOTUS, SCOTUS refused to declined to hear the case

He or any of us can carry everywhere, anywhere we are. You simply get a concealable handgun, good holster and whoala. I don't care if you are going into a bank, a church, a school, walmart, gas station, to work, a friends house, ball game or if you are going to a pet store you CAN carry. Maybe I've had a concealed handgun on me when I've gone through and into NY city, NJ, IL, any number of places you "cannot", and maybe I haven't for the purpose of this public forum. We all CAN and SHOULD carry everywhere. It's not like we are going to pull it out and wave it around to announce our CCW status (which would effectively end the first "C" in "CCW"). After all, if you have a LIFE THREATENING encounter, would you rather succomb to your death or dismemberment or would you rather be arrested for having a gun in a church? Seriously.

criminals break the law all the time, you've just been lucky not have been caught

I asked the asst. Pastor in our church in DE. and he (being an ex-Marine) said he had not objections and knew of several of the congregation that carried. Since then I've got to know several of them myself. We are the Christian Conservatives relying on our Bible and Guns.

Once again an armed gunman walks into a church, opening fire on a church member leading a prayer session. When are the politicians going to realize that the "No guns in Churches" law just creates open season shooting galleries for the wacko nut jobs that don't care about the so-called gun free zones.

1 dead in World Changers church shooting - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

FULTON COUNTY, Ga. -

Fulton County police say a man was shot and killed on Wednesday morning as he lead worship services inside World Changers International Church. The shooting suspect, who has been identified as former church employee Floyd Palmer, was arrested on Wednesday afternoon.

During a 12:30 p.m. press conference, Fulton County Police Cpl. Kay Lester said Palmer, 51, walked into the church's chapel around 10:30 a.m., opened fire, and then calmly left.

Police identified the shooting victim as 39-year-old Gregory McDowell of Union city, a church volunteer who was leading church services when he was shot. Lester said investigators do not know yet if he was targeted.

The shooting occurred in what the church calls its chapel, where members were holding the morning prayer service. There were 20 to 30 people present at the time, but no one else was hurt. Police interviewed witnesses who were inside the chapel at the time of the shooting, some of whom identified Palmer as the shooter.

Police took Palmer into custody just before 4 p.m. at Lenox Square in Buckhead.

Cpl. Lester said Palmer used to work as a maintenance man at the church, but he resigned from his position earlier this year.

The megachurch in south Fulton County is pastored by the Rev. Creflo Dollar. SKYFOX 5 footage showed that Dollar was at the shooting scene shortly afterwards but was not present when the violence broke out. In his Wednesday evening sermon, which was streamed on the internet, Dollar said that he was in his morning briefing when he got word that there had been gunshots.

"It was a time of shock, sadness, sorrow, and time of remembering who Jesus is and what he has done for our lives," Dollar said.

The chapel is located in an older section of the church's campus, and it is also home to a daycare center. Dozens of children were inside at the time, but none of them were injured. Parents were seen coming to the church all morning long to pick up their kids.

Fulton County Schools placed McNair Elementary and Bethune Elementary Schools on lockdown as a precaution as police searched for Palmer. The lockdowns were later lifted.

Church members at the scene told FOX 5 they can't believe someone would walk into their church and do this.

The non-denominational church was established in 1981. It is headquartered on an 81-acre campus located about 15 miles southwest of downtown Atlanta. In the past 30 years, the congregation has expanded to about 30,000 members, according to its website. World Changers also has more than 20 satellite churches across the nation.

In Wednesday's service, Dollar talked about the victim and the suspects, who were both involved at the megachurch.

"We work so hard to prepare for the evil that comes from the outside in, and the challenges that come from the outside out…you can be clipped from something on the inside, from behind and that's what happened today," said Dollar.

Dollar said that the church would do everything that it could to support McDowell's wife and children.

The shooting isn't the first at the church. Back in 2005, Fulton County police opened fire on a man who stormed into the church building and fought with security guards. The man was later identified as a former security guard at World Changers International.

I've heard about this which is crazy but the way this world is this is going to happen, I'm a pastor myself and the only time I carry in my church was doing the night watch service on new year eve's, we all pray like we do every year the new year in. I don't feel comfortable those carry doing my service so I haven't started to carry and I think that I want go that far but they say don't say what you want do. God Bless and be safe.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back