CC in car at work in North Carolina

Shea Smith

I moved to North Carolina from Tennessee. In Tennessee even if my place of employment posted a gun free zone I could keep my firearm in my car legally. At my place of employment there is a sign as I drive onto the property that reads:

"PRIVATE PROPERTY - ACCESS BY PERMISSION ONLY.
Firearms, fireworks, alcoholic beverages and
use of tobacco products are prohibited."

It is not a school.

My question: Is there any way I can LEGALLY have my firearm in my car on my employees property? If the answer is yes can you please point to specific places in the law that would allow this. Thanks!

I moved to North Carolina from Tennessee. In Tennessee even if my place of employment posted a gun free zone I could keep my firearm in my car legally. At my place of employment there is a sign as I drive onto the property that reads:

"PRIVATE PROPERTY - ACCESS BY PERMISSION ONLY.
Firearms, fireworks, alcoholic beverages and
use of tobacco products are prohibited."

It is not a school.

My question: Is there any way I can LEGALLY have my firearm in my car on my employees property? If the answer is yes can you please point to specific places in the law that would allow this. Thanks!

ArmyCW4 is correct with the possible exception of parking outside of the employer's property. (That may open other security issues.) I work at a place where firearms are not allowed but the parking lot is not owned by the employer so one can keep their firearm in their vehicle under current law. The Sheriff of my county is the one who told me this though I can't reference law chapter & verse.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back