CC In Applebees

Neal

I have a question that I put to the FL office that issues CC permits in the state when I applied for my nonresident CC permit on Wednesday. I can't say that I frequent bars, but I understand that one cannot carry in a class D-4 (or at least I think that was the designation) liquor establishment.

My question is whether it is legal to carry in restaurants that also serve alcohol if you are 1) not consuming yourself and 2) are seated in the restaurant area rather than in the separate bar area.

I can't say that I have noticed no carry signs at our local Applebees, but then I have not been looking real close until now either.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Neal

According to http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/florida.pdf, in FL, you may NOT carry in "any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose". So Applebees would be OK as long as you were not sitting at the bar.

But, if I read your post correctly, you are not a FL resident? ("when I applied for my nonresident CC permit")

The laws vary from state to state, regardless of what permit you carry.

Thanks for asking for clarification. I am an Ohio resident (I just got my CC there in December) and I applied for a FL nonresident CC because I travel in a number of states that do not recognize OH but do recognize FL.

Thanks for asking for clarification. I am an Ohio resident (I just got my CC there in December) and I applied for a FL nonresident CC because I travel in a number of states that do not recognize OH but do recognize FL.

Just remember you have to know the laws of each state as well as some cities as well.:fie:

I have a question that I put to the FL office that issues CC permits in the state when I applied for my nonresident CC permit on Wednesday. I can't say that I frequent bars, but I understand that one cannot carry in a class D-4 (or at least I think that was the designation) liquor establishment.

My question is whether it is legal to carry in restaurants that also serve alcohol if you are 1) not consuming yourself and 2) are seated in the restaurant area rather than in the separate bar area.

I can't say that I have noticed no carry signs at our local Applebees, but then I have not been looking real close until now either.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Neal

I think it varies everywhere! Its so hard to find the answers! Here in Tn.,actually Knoxville Tn. We can carry in any restaurant that has a bar like Applebees,Olive Garden,Texas Road House those type places! Has long has they don't have a sign up saying NO to WEAPONS!! Now you can't drink Alcohol! Besides its not the safest thing to do anyways while carrying a weapon + needless to say drive! Any ways we sit in the bar all the time at a table
an eat! They are always trying to fix it so we can't so far we still can! Now if its an actual BAR!! Then thats a big NO NO!! I wish I knew for sure where the answers were but it seems no matter what state you live in they do their darn best NOT to let us have or fine the answers.Almost like they want us to get in trouble so we can either recieve a fine or worst yet lose our permit!

I think it varies everywhere! Its so hard to find the answers! Here in Tn.,actually Knoxville Tn. We can carry in any restaurant that has a bar like Applebees,Olive Garden,Texas Road House those type places! Has long has they don't have a sign up saying NO to WEAPONS!! Now you can't drink Alcohol! Besides its not the safest thing to do anyways while carrying a weapon + needless to say drive! Any ways we sit in the bar all the time at a table
an eat! They are always trying to fix it so we can't so far we still can! Now if its an actual BAR!! Then thats a big NO NO!! I wish I knew for sure where the answers were but it seems no matter what state you live in they do their darn best NOT to let us have or fine the answers.Almost like they want us to get in trouble so we can either recieve a fine or worst yet lose our permit!

FYI unless somthing has changed in the last week you can NOT carry in any establishment in TN that serves alcohol for on site consumption. Last year a bill went into effect that allowed you to carry there however on November 22 of last year that law was ruled void by a davidson county judge. Her ruling caused the new law to be Neal and void and setting the previous law not allowing you to carry back in effect. If you visit TN department of safety web page you can view a notice of the ruling. There is contraversy about weather or not the judges ruling is legal however as far as I know it has been deemed legal and upholding. Again I'm just passing along info that I have learned.

FYI, the current law in Washington State is that nobody may carry in an area of an establishment serving liquor that is off limits to those under 21 years old.

This means that in WA, you can go to Applebee's and have a great meal, but you cannot step down into the "bar" section of the restaurant.

The laws vary so much from state to state about this sort of thing that you'll definitely want to follow up about places you plan to travel. On top of that, laws change from time to time. Never get complacent about what you "know" because laws are subject to change.

I wish I knew for sure where the answers were but it seems no matter what state you live in they do their darn best NOT to let us have or fine the answers.
Here is a good place to start: Link Removed Laws do change, but this site is pretty good at staying up to date. Reading the actual text of the laws is good too. (That is a good thing to do anyway.)

Here is a good place to start: Link Removed Laws do change, but this site is pretty good at staying up to date. Reading the actual text of the laws is good too. (That is a good thing to do anyway.)

On top of that you should also check individual state websites TN is a great example of why the law says you can carry in restaraunts that serve alcohol but the judicial system says you can't.

In NM you cannot carry in any establishment that sells alcohol for onsite consumption.. Though it is supposed to change soon for Beer and Wine only..

Still no Applebees or Chilis.. etc.. But check before you come :biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back