Castle Doctrine in MA

OldOwl

I was just told a few days ago that the MA Castle Doctrine has been taken out of effect again. Has anyone else heard that? MARCH 09

Seems like it just went INTO effect not long ago.

I was just told a few days ago that the MA Castle Doctrine has been taken out of effect again. Has anyone else heard that? MARCH 09

Seems like it just went INTO effect not long ago.

WHATTTT???? I have not heard this but that is crazy!!! So what does this mean? We have to now re-treat our own homes if there is a threat? Can you find an article on this? I am going to look myself...

Well, that's why I'm asking here. No I have been searching frantically because I can't believe it. BUT, the person whom I heard it from I have perceived in the past to be more knowledgeable than myself. I didn't get to ask because I was taking a class but some of us just looked at each other.

It could be a stupid rumor (I pray) and I'm just trying to get to the bottom of it. If it turns out to be true, I'm GONE! Costa Rica here I come.

Well, that's why I'm asking here. No I have been searching frantically because I can't believe it. BUT, the person whom I heard it from I have perceived in the past to be more knowledgeable than myself. I didn't get to ask because I was taking a class but some of us just looked at each other.

It could be a stupid rumor (I pray) and I'm just trying to get to the bottom of it. If it turns out to be true, I'm GONE! Costa Rica here I come.

I pray that this is rumor. I can't find anything on it.

Link Removed

Not the strongest language, and doesn't preclude civil suits, but still on the books

I pity folks from MA, with Kennedy, Kerry and Markey on your Congressional team, how do you cope besides drinking and taking weekends in the western part of the state?

I pity folks from MA, with Kennedy, Kerry and Markey on your Congressional team, how do you cope besides drinking and taking weekends in the western part of the state?

I feel for us as well haha. I want to get out of this state someday. Our legislators do not have our best interest at heart. They are puppets in a sick play. It is ridiculous here how our 2A rights mean nothing to people. I have turned 5 people this year so far from the dark side to our side. 3 of them have obtained their LTCs and are now proud firearms owners, ALL understand and see that PRMA is not for the people anymore. I would love to get into politics and push for our rights and hopefully turn more people.

I feel for us as well haha. I want to get out of this state someday. Our legislators do not have our best interest at heart. They are puppets in a sick play. It is ridiculous here how our 2A rights mean nothing to people. I have turned 5 people this year so far from the dark side to our side. 3 of them have obtained their LTCs and are now proud firearms owners, ALL understand and see that PRMA is not for the people anymore. I would love to get into politics and push for our rights and hopefully turn more people.

I get the impression the state is held hostage to the whims of the folks in Boston, the same folks that brought you "The Big Dig"?

16 BILLION dollars for the Big Dig and it still takes MINIMUM 1/2 hour to drive through the city ON the interstate. If you take a wrong turn you may never be found again.

Hopefully Kennedy will meet his maker any day now.

How do we cope? I bought 40 acres in Maine where the first thing I do when I get there is blow off about 100 rounds so nobody comes out to see what the hell I'm doing there.

I agree. CONVERT as many people as possible. The dark side has cookies but we have guns. :sarcastic:

I am actively seeking to train as many people as possible in this sad state who want to learn to be responsible law abiding gun owners. Thankfully, as a certified body guard, I am exempt from Obama's alleged plan to take away all concealed carry permits.

Good work rob. Lets hope it's up to date. The guy I heard that from is back in town and I will see him in the morning, and ask him exactly where the heck he got that information from now that I can speak with him one on one.

reviving an old thread....but it's important to understand the laws in Mass regarding the use of lethal force.

1. OUTSIDE of your home you have a duty to retreat
2. You can not be part of the escalation of violence
3. You can never use lethal force to defend property
4. You must exhaust all lesser means before using lethal force
5. You must be in immediate danger of bodily harm or death (or an innocent third party)

If someone comes into your house only to steal your stuff you can not shoot them. If you're carrying on the street and someone approaches unarmed and asks for your wallet you have to hand it over. If someone cuts you off in traffic and you beep the horn you can't shoot them if they come at you with a tire iron because you escalated the violence by beeping the horn. If someone comes at you with a knife outside the home you must run. Basically if you ever shoot someone you're going to have issues so it better be a life or death situation. Even if it is life or death the chances of it ending well if you do shoot someone are very low. Remember that the security guard at Mass General who shot the mental patient who was stabbing his doctor was charged....

Beeping a horn is not an escalation of violence, it is communicating that an accident may have occured in that situation.

Tell that to our moonbat AG and our moonbat prosecutors. They jam people up on escalation all the time for such things.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back