Carrying where alcohol is served?

Makarovii

I have been wondering about this. Posters here and/or on other boards have discussed carrying where alcohol is served. I have not seen anything mentioned about this for Colorado. Has anyone here heard anything regarding this? Some states prohibit carrying concealed where alcohol is served or where an establishment makes x percent of their revenue from the sale of alcohol.

I'm looking forward to learning about this.

Thanks for the reply and link.

From my previous research I had not seen anything regarding this topic and your link, after a cursory look, didn't show anything either. One of my wife's favorite Mexican restaurants has seated us in the bar for dinner before and I wonder if I may have been in violation of an ordinance. A co-worker, carries a 1911 in condition 3, asked if I was carrying at a recent Sky Sox game. No, I didn't carry that day, I thought security might have been checking for weapons. Besides, I had a couple of beers during the game since I wasn't packing. :wink:

With the usual caveat about the owner having a posted "No Firearms" policy, it is not illegal to conceal carry in to an establishment which serves alcohol. However, since it IS illegal to be in possession of a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, a person would not dare have even a sip as any amount in your body can be construed as you being "under the influence".

With the usual caveat about the owner having a posted "No Firearms" policy, it is not illegal to conceal carry in to an establishment which serves alcohol. However, since it IS illegal to be in possession of a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, a person would not dare have even a sip as any amount in your body can be construed as you being "under the influence".

Fortunately, in NY we have no such nonsense. Once you have obtained a concealed carry license you can carry in a bar or carry after ingesting alcohol. In NYS we treat CC permit holders as responsible adults.

People in states that prohibit carry in establishments that serve alcohol, or carry after ingesting alcohol, should write their state legislators about the unconstitutional restriction on their 2A rights.

In NYS we treat CC permit holders as responsible adults.

People in states that prohibit carry in establishments that serve alcohol, or carry after ingesting alcohol, should write their state legislators about the unconstitutional restriction on their 2A rights.

Maybe you should write to you state legislature about the MASSIVE unconstitutional restrictions New York places upon 2A rights first. Contrary to your personal belief, the Second Amendment does not apply only to those who gain the government's permission to keep and bear arms.

Let's not forget the A- rating New York state enjoys for it's restriction of the 2nd Amendment given by the prestigious (to gun grabbers) Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence:
Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence ? Gun Law Information Experts

Good job New York! The "A" honor roll consists of CA, MD, NJ, CT, MA and NY this year. NY even beat Illinois this year for infringing upon the Second Amendment (dang courts forcing IL to issue carry permits)! Bloomberg must be so proud of New York as a whole...
http://gunlawscorecard.org/

I'm ashamed that my state of WA got a B- for the B.S. enactment of universal background checks funded by the Bloomberg advertising machine.

WA thinks you are not mature enough to carry a firearm in a tavern, lounge, or other place where persons under 21 are not allowed.

We don't have that nonsense in NYS.

Would you rather have your firearm on your hip or locked in your car?

WA thinks you are not mature enough to carry a firearm in a tavern, lounge, or other place where persons under 21 are not allowed.

We don't have that nonsense in NYS.

Would you rather have your firearm on your hip or locked in your car?

Anyone who is legal by Federal law to possess a firearm can carry a firearm openly on their person in about 90% of WA state without a permit being required and without violating state law (but, unfortunately, it does have to be unloaded in a vehicle without state permission in the form of a CPL). I can legally carry my firearm in 0% of NY state because they do not recognize the 2nd Amendment AT ALL unless they grant permission to a resident of New York state. I love the BS that you spew about the great freedom in New York - the home of the very first pistol permit system established in 1911 for the express purpose of disarming those law abiding citizens that would be brave enough to fight back against Big Tim Sullivan's mobster lowlifes.

You think the citizens of the state of New York should trust you to carry a firearm into a bar or tavern when your fellow citizens in your home state don't trust you to do so?

why the hell would we do that? Get back to me when your fellow citizens decide you are mature enough to carry where someone might be sipping a beer.

You think the citizens of the state of New York should trust you to carry a firearm into a bar or tavern when your fellow citizens in your home state don't trust you to do so?

why the hell would we do that? Get back to me when your fellow citizens decide you are mature enough to carry where someone might be sipping a beer.

My fellow citizens have already decided I am mature enough to carry where someone might be sipping a beer. In fact, my fellow citizens have decided that anyone not prohibited from possessing a firearm under Federal law is mature enough to carry where someone might be sipping a beer. My fellow citizens have already decided that anyone who is not prohibited from possessing a firearm under Federal law is mature enough to sip a beer while carrying the firearm - no state permission is required.

494d88fb22ad2035a2b7f7345df36bcd.jpg

Isn't the restaurant that was in the news awhile back where the waitresses and owners were open carrying in Colorado ? Oh well, - I checked their menu and they don't serve alcohol. So... Never Mind :man_in_love:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back