Carrying to Hotel on College Campus

stngray713

So in a few weeks I will be going on vacation to North Carolina. The first 2 days I will be staying at a hotel that is on a college campus for a golf tournament. North Carolina has a ban on carrying on a college campus, or any property owned by the college. The hotel is both, so I certainly can not carry. However I don't want to go my whole vacation without my CCW just because of two days at a place where carry is not allowed. Would I still be unlawful to unload and bring it in to the hotel in a locked case and secure it in the hotel safe? At what point am I considered on campus? Is it when I pull in the parking lot, or when I enter the roads that are surrounded by campus on either side? I am concerned that I do this correctly, as I can just picture the headlines now about a gunman on campus, like when they freaked out on the guy with the umbrella only worse. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

I would stay at a hotel off campus and drive to the tournament. Avoid the whole (not being to sure about what I can and can't do) thing all together. I'd rather have the protection of my weapon. Just my.02

I wish I could stay off campus but it was a group decision and I wasn't part of the decision making committee, plus we get a great discount. Next year I will try and get a spot off campus though but too late for this year as money is already down for the reservation.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back