Carrying more than one handgun?

MACSRET

Hi,

I'm retired Navy (1984) and presently live in the Philippines have for the past 24 years. My family and I will be headed to WA, most likely in the Everett or Lynnwood area, in 2016.

In WA are you allowed to carry more than one handgun with a CPL?

jOE (MACSRET)
Angeles City
Philippines

Hi,

I'm retired Navy (1984) and presently live in the Philippines have for the past 24 years. My family and I will be headed to WA, most likely in the Everett or Lynnwood area, in 2016.

In WA are you allowed to carry more than one handgun with a CPL?

jOE (MACSRET)
Angeles City
Philippines

Lived in Redmond until recently there is no limit on the number of handguns you can carry with your permit

I always carry 2. One in a pocket holster and 1 in an ankle holster. To me, an extra back-up is much better protection.

Always two, presently Kimber Ultra compact 45 OTB and a TCP in ft pocket and on the bike a NAA 22 MAG in a little pocket in frt of me and in the cars consol Glock 31

Hey Guys, thanks for the fast replies and was very pleased with your info. Believe I'm going to enjoy living in WA.

jOE
Angeles City
Philippines

The state of New Mexico law only allows for the carrying of one concealed firearm. You can carry as many as you want openly but only one concealed. New Mexico is the only state that limits the number of firearms you can carry concealed. Some states do require that the firearms you carry be listed on your permit/license to carry and you can only carry those firearms but they don't limit the number you can carry concealed as long as they are listed on your permit/license. NY and a few other states have this requirement.

The State of Oklahoma is the only state to limit the caliber of the firearm you can carry. Their law states .45 is the largest firearm you can carry concealed.

The state of New Mexico law only allows for the carrying of one concealed firearm. You can carry as many as you want openly but only one concealed. New Mexico is the only state that limits the number of firearms you can carry concealed. Some states do require that the firearms you carry be listed on your permit/license to carry and you can only carry those firearms but they don't limit the number you can carry concealed as long as they are listed on your permit/license. NY and a few other states have this requirement.

The State of Oklahoma is the only state to limit the caliber of the firearm you can carry. Their law states .45 is the largest firearm you can carry concealed.

New Mexico also limit the caliber at .45

We also have to qualify semi and revolvers separately, and you qualify with the largest caliber you can carry.

To me .45 as the largest caliber is actually not bad. It is pretty much the largest caliber that I ever hear of people carrying. I wonder if one can carry one open and one backup concealed in New Mexico.

Last edited:
I wonder if one can carry one open and one backup concealed in New Mexico.

Yes. The one handgun limit applies only to concealed in New Mexico. The .45 caliber limit is pretty interesting (which really seams to be only in Oklahoma) considering that .45 ACP uses a .452" diameter bullet.

Asked at Sheriffs office when I first applied years ago. "As many as you can hang on your belt". Works for me!

I feel so bad for you guys too!!

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

I have already stated that I believe we are going to enjoy living in WA and after reading the posts regarding CC in WA vs NM, which is where we were suppose to be moving to, I'm even more certain I'm going to like living in WA.

jOE
Angeles City
Philippines

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back