Carrying in San Antonio

kwc

I'm flying to San Antonio from out of state to attend a conference at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. I am staying in the Crockett Hotel, and plan to bring my CCW with me. My state has reciprocity with TX.

Other than the mandatory posting of bars, are there many Criminal Protection Zones in San Antonio, particularly along the Riverwalk? Are the convention center and Rivercenter Mall posted?

Thank you,
Kwc

Federal zones, school zones do not have reciprocity. You are allowed to carry into bars a little quick research with Texas Department of Public Safety is a good idea. Get the information from the horses mouth, not me.

Federal zones, school zones do not have reciprocity. You are allowed to carry into bars a little quick research with Texas Department of Public Safety is a good idea. Get the information from the horses mouth, not me.

I believe I have a pretty good understanding of Texas statute. But I do know that businesses/facilities have the option to post 30.06 signs. I could be wrong, but I doubt the Texas Department of Public Safety has a list of posted areas and private businesses in downtown San Antonio.

Any other thoughts?

Appears there aren't many San Antonio residents on this forum... or if there are, they avoid the Convention Center and the Riverwalk. :)

I will have the pleasure of discovering places that are off-limits for myself... hopefully there aren't many!

We were just there in October and didn't see any signs on the Riverwalk while we strolled , but then didn't go into every establishment. Can't help you on Convention center, never went there.

As a side note, just out of town is the Tejas Steakhouse, worth the trip IMHO. Sorry couldn't help more

I believe I have a pretty good understanding of Texas statute. But I do know that businesses/facilities have the option to post 30.06 signs. I could be wrong, but I doubt the Texas Department of Public Safety has a list of posted areas and private businesses in downtown San Antonio.

Any other thoughts?
You are correct a business may post the 30-06 sign, it is very specific and must be posted in English and Spanish same font, please refer to the Texas regulation, if ask to leave any posted area you are required to do so immediately, concealed means concealed, also please note only a licensed LEO or magistrate may ask to see license, not security guard or private personnel. But avail yourself of accurate knowledge as noted. When I travel I look up and print the regulations on carry of the individual states in which I intend to carry. Be observant look on any door for posting. Peace, Love, Colt 45.

We were just there in October and didn't see any signs on the Riverwalk while we strolled , but then didn't go into every establishment. Can't help you on Convention center, never went there.

As a side note, just out of town is the Tejas Steakhouse, worth the trip IMHO. Sorry couldn't help more

This provides a good perspective--thanks!

I lived in San Antonio early 2000s but did not have a carry license at the time, so posted areas never caught my attention. It's a great city though and I look forward to my upcoming visit.

In Texas, hotels must indicate their gun policy on their web page.

Texas Occupations Code: Chapter 2155
Sec. 2155.103. NOTICE REGARDING FIREARMS POLICY. (a) A hotel shall include on the hotel's Internet reservation website the hotel's policy regarding the possession, storage, and transportation of firearms.
(b) If a hotel provides a written confirmation or a written statement of terms and conditions to a consumer after accepting the consumer's hotel reservation by telephone, the hotel shall include information specifying how the consumer may review applicable guest policies. The guest policies must indicate the hotel's policy regarding the possession, storage, and transportation of firearms by guests.

In Texas, hotels must indicate their gun policy on their web page.

Very helpful info--thanks!

My hotel doesn't have anything posted online so I should be good to go.

It seems odd, to me, that a hotel would post... Many places consider a hotel room to be your "home" while you are staying there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My trip went well. I encountered NO posted areas--on the Riverwalk, in the mall, or in the theater. The conference center (owned by the city) is posted with a 30.05 sign, but as I understand it, that sign is no longer valid under current law. It was great. :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back