Carrying Concealed Weapons In New Britian/New London (CT)

lessthan0

Bulldog Pride
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you just open carry in these towns or stay out of them?

CT does not have preemption and cities and towns can pass ordinances that restrict the carrying of firearms.
Some cities and towns have prohibitions against carrying in public parks or buildings. Check the local ordinances before carrying there.

:confused:New Britain, CT (No Carry Allowed)Sec. 16-80. Carrying Concealed Weapons.
(a) No person shall wear under his clothes, or conceal upon or about his person any deadly or dangerous weapon including, but not limited to any pistol, dagger, metal knuckles, razor, slingshot, blackjack, sword or cane gun. The provisions of this paragraph shall not apply to any person who is found with any such weapon or implement concealed upon his person while lawfully removing his household goods or effects from one place to another, or from one residence to another, nor to any person while actually and peaceably engaged in carrying any such weapon or implement from his place of abode or business to a place or person where or by whom such weapon or implement is to be repaired, or while actually and peaceably returning to his place of abode or business with such weapon or implement after the same has been repaired.
(b) This section shall not apply to any law enforcement officer in the discharge of his duty.
(Code 1970, § 15-12)

:confused:New London, Ct (No Carry Allowed)

Interesting to note.... That would mean that they wouldn't issue permits out of those towns. Which I'm sure they do. Second point I don't think they can charge you with a felony off of a town ordinance...I'd have to confirm with an attorney, however, it's not the CT general statutes just that town ordinance.

I heard from a good source that one of the CT State Senators is going to try to get this changed in the next sessesion. I'm keep'n my eyes on this.

And I know people who have been issued CCW in New Britian.......go figure :blink:

Found this on the CT web site regarding firearms laws. It is from the CT OLR and is very interesting. Link Removed

News from the CCDL May 25, 2012

"New London Concealed Carry Ban For Permit Holders- Ord. (14-11) Is History! A language change that was proposed by CCDL President Scott Wilson (A New London Resident) more than a year ago, that would exempt permit holders from the ban on concealed carry was voted favorably on consent by the City Council May 21st. The ordinance change goes into effect 30 days from that vote. This ban was a technical violation which included fines and criminal penalties, and was a source of concern for many gun owners living in, or traveling to and through this city.

Congratulations New London! There now remains one city in Connecticut with this type of ordinance- New Britain."

Bravo

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back