Carrying concealed in a wheelchaiar withouit permit?

RogerRonas

I have a question regarding Colorado Concealed Carry. Under CRS 18-12-204 Permit contents – validity - carrying requirements

(3) (a) A person who may lawfully possess a handgun may carry a handgun under the

following circumstances without obtaining a permit and the handgun shall not be considered concealed:

(I) The handgun is in the possession of a person who is in a private automobile or in some other private means of conveyance and who carries

the handgun for a legal use, including self-defense;

So my question is this: Would a wheelchair/powerscooter qualify as “some other private means of conveyance”
Thanks

Roger

Interesting question. How about motorcycles, bicycles, roller skates, etc. ?

I'm guessing the 'in' the automobile or other private form of conveyance might be the key. (auto, truck, airplane, helicopter, etc.). You wouldn't actually be carrying the gun 'in' a wheel chair, bike , motorcyle, skates etc., you would be carrying on your person while riding those things.... I suppose maybe if on a motorcycle you had saddlebags or those storage compartments it might count as 'in' the bike.

Good question to ask an attorney your attorney general, then you could let us know what they say.

If it were me, I would get the CCW permit, because even if it is ok to carry in the wheelchair when you're being conveyed from one place to another,
it may be a different story when you stop at a restaurant or something and your wheelchair becomes a seat rather than a form of conveyance.

Or, better get, contact your Attorney General's office in writing or email and ask for a clarification. Then you want to keep the printed copy with you ,cause you'll probably need one day.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back