Carrying and bowling

njsportsman

Going bowling in Philly in a few weeks would you carry and will the gun be uncomfortable while bowling. I stink at bowling that's not the issue. The issue would be comfort and being able to move and bend without printing. This is a kids soccer team fund raiser so, I am tied on what to do. I have a Glock 19 with a supertuck IBW holster. Thanks

With a G19, I'd probably leave it in my vehicle. Thats a little too large for me to be bending over and constantly adjusting my shirt afterwards.

Yeah, as a bowler, I'd have to agree with Ryan. Too many issues and unnecessary concerns (especially with kids around) to deal with it. Hopefully S doesn't HTF while you bowl!!:hang3::laugh:

I'm not sure how big your Glock is as I'm not very familiar with their line. But for very discreet carry I have a Taurus titanium (85 I think) in .38 +P that I carry in a Galco front pocket holster. I can even wear shorts with it and if it doesn't "print" - but even if it did the holster is shaped so it looks like a wallet. One of the nice things about this setup is that on the few occasions when I felt there might be a threat I was able to put my hand in my pocket (and on the firearm) without raising any alarm/suspicion. It just looked like a casual gesture. It only carries 5 rounds but here in TX it's often too hot to wear a jacket or vest and TX doesn't allow open carry. When the weather turns cooler then I go back to a larger firearm with a belt holster.

Sounds like a good reason to go buy a new gun. A Keltec P3AT, Ruger LCP, or a Kahr P380 in either the pocket or the ankle and you're good to go.

I carry a G20 and G29 while bowling, golfing and just running errands... Wear double tshirts...L and XL. I have never had a problem with it and the G20/29 feels huge with me and I have the CBST, too...

Sounds like a good reason to go buy a new gun. A Keltec P3AT, Ruger LCP, or a Kahr P380 in either the pocket or the ankle and you're good to go.

As much as I like Kahr Arms, you forgot to add in the Sig P238. Mine has been doing really good so far!

have you tried a smart carry holster? it shouldn't limit your movement and you won't have to worry about printing.

newbie here: try a fanny pack type holster, I don't think it would be in the way... so to access if it's on the back side, but at least it's available.

I carry a Glock G-21 in a Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe and I have gone bowling with it many times. I just wear a shirt 1 size larger than I usually wear and have no problem at all.

newbie here: try a fanny pack type holster, I don't think it would be in the way... so to access if it's on the back side, but at least it's available.

I know there are people on this site who don't think that fanny packs are the way to go, but in this situation it might be just the thing for you to stay low key and still carry. Maybe you can wear the fanny pack for a few days or weeks before the bowling night so people get used to seeing you wear it and won't think twice about it when you bowl.

You might also try a new-to-you type of holster, maybe something under the arm, Link Removed, or even on the calf or ankle if your pant leg is sufficiently long to cover it when you sit down between turns.

At first I thought that this was a joke like "can I juggle chainsaws while concealed carrying" but this guy is serious or maybe seriously paranoid. He even says that this is a kids soccer team fundraiser so there will be kids around. Lock your gun in the car. You'll be safe while you're bowling.

Bowling and CCW

I bowl and CCW . LCP up to P230 sig with IWB just above belt. . the bowling shirt more than covers and remains concealed. some times I just pocket carry.

Safety is NOT guaranteed.

At first I thought that this was a joke like "can I juggle chainsaws while concealed carrying" but this guy is serious or maybe seriously paranoid. He even says that this is a kids soccer team fundraiser so there will be kids around. Lock your gun in the car. You'll be safe while you're bowling.

Saying "You'll be safe while you're bowling," is like saying, "You'll be safe in church." Sorry, NOT!

I just went bowling on Friday night, I was carrying my Sig P220R in a Crossbreed SuperTuck at 4:30-5:00. No problems whatsoever. Anyone who says a G19 is too big.....doesn't know what they are talking about.:no:

Well I wouldn't normally carry at a kids event like this but, It's Philly and not a great section of Philly not that there are many good sections. The gun does me no good in the car I'd rather leave it at home if i decide not to carry in the alley.

Wear a dark colored, thick material polo shirt that is one size larger than usual. (Buy a new one, or a few, if you must. They'll come in handy at other events.) Just keep adjusting the cant, ride height, and location of your CBST until you find a position that works best for bending a little bit. You're just leaning forward a bit, not bending over to touch your toes. As long as the butt of the gun isn't sticking out so far that you whack your elbow on it, it also shouldn't print all that much.

I carry a G33 with a G31 mag in a Kholster at 3:00. I really only get the butt print if I bend WAY down while wearing a thin shirt. Even then, it isn't enough to telegraph "GUN".

Just another point of view. Here in SC, there are limits on CC in locations where there is alcohol served in a bar-type setting; to me that means, at least in SC, if the bowling alley has a full service bar associated with it (and most alleys do have a bar) then I CANNOT bring the CCW into the establishment. Be sure of your state's rules on this point.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back