Carrying a BUG

johnsonabq

I read in one of the other threads that we cannot carry more than one gun. I went over the complete act and I can't find anything about that restriction. Was it lifted?

I think that refers to carrying concealed. You can only carry one gun concealed, but you can open carry another handgun.

Max

Where is this, that you cannot carry a BUG? I don't think it is Washington. My reading of the RCW does not leave me with the feeling I would be arrested for carrying a second gun.

I think that refers to carrying concealed. You can only carry one gun concealed, but you can open carry another handgun.

Max

That's what I read in another thread. Only one concealed weapon. But I've gone over the NM Concealed Handgun Act and cannot find anything that says that. If I'm carrying my Glock .40 concealed I would like to have my PM9 in an ankle rig too.

Found It!

Found it! :mad: Yes, it's in the NM Concealed Handgun Act. I hate reading that kind of stuff. :wacko:

29-19-6. Appeal; license renewal; refresher firearms training course; suspension or revocation of license.

A. Pursuant to rules adopted by the department, the department, within thirty days after receiving a completed application for a concealed handgun license and the results of a national criminal background check on the applicant, shall: (1) issue a concealed handgun license to an applicant; or (2) deny the application on the grounds that the applicant failed to qualify for a concealed handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Concealed Handgun Carry Act [29-19-1 NMSA 1978].

B. Information relating to an applicant or to a licensee received by the department or any other law enforcement agency is confidential and exempt from public disclosure unless an order to disclose information is issued by a court of competent jurisdiction. The information shall be made available by the department to a state or local law enforcement agency upon request by the agency.

C. A concealed handgun license issued by the department shall include: (1) a color photograph of the licensee; (2) the licensee’s name, address and date of birth; (3) the expiration date of the concealed handgun license; and(4) the category and the largest caliber of handgun that the licensee is licensed to carry, with a statement that the licensee is licensed to carry smaller caliber handguns but shall carry only one concealed handgun at any given time.

I guess that's it. :cray:

Last edited:
Where is this, that you cannot carry a BUG? I don't think it is Washington. My reading of the RCW does not leave me with the feeling I would be arrested for carrying a second gun.
NM. NM is the only shall issue State with this restriction.

However, CA can impose this restriction by only allowing one specific firearm on their CA CCW. It's at the descretion of of the CLEO of the issuing CA jurisdiction as to how many specific firearms down to the serial number are allowed on your CA CCW if any.

MN CCW law.

HI from Minneapolis. One thing MN did right when they passed the CCW bill, this was the second bill, as the first had an "or" where there should have been an "and", was that they specifically stated that there is no limit to the number of guns you can carry. There is a practical limit, of course, so no further intrusion should be needed. It also is general in that you can carry any of, say, 20 guns on any days you like. No S/N, make, model, or such is tied to the permit. I have five I like to carry as seasons and clothing allow, and it's nice to have the choice of any of them at any time, plus the BUG if it suits me. +1 for MN, in this area of the law, at least.:smile:

Pistol = single?

Ola wuzfuz,
"Where is this, that you cannot carry a BUG? I don't think it is Washington. My reading of the RCW does not leave me with the feeling I would be arrested for carrying a second gun."
Checked my WA CCW permit, it says authorised to carry A concealed pistol, the 'A' to me means one/single, and the plural of pistol is pistols.
Sorry to get all English-Lit anal on the subject, but I think a BUG is not a go in WA. BUT since it is an OC state right, 1 CC pistol + one OC would 'seem' to meet the lawful requirements.... you think? :cray:
To complicate it even further, what if I also have a nice 3.25" folder-knife & 18" steel spring-baton in my pockets & a mini-CS sprayer on my key-chain + a 700K volt stun-gun in my cargo-pocket? Packing heavy or just being over precautious. :biggrin:
Following this thread with a vested interest.

Canis-Lupus

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back