Carry Suggestions

old salt

I’m going to be cycling The Pine Creek Rail Trail in Pennsylvania this spring. Right now my plans will take four days to do the 114 mile round trip. The trail starts in Ansonia and ending in Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania. I have my Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms and will be taking my subcompact Kahr PM9 with a couple extra magazines. I have a fanny pack with two zipper compartments one for my PM9 the other for extra magazines. Any other carry suggestions?

Link Removed

Fanny pack is what I would use.
5.11 has a tight fitting holster shirt. That might work but you would sweat all over the gun and leaning forward might let the gun fall out depending on size of gun. I use mine for hiking and a full size 1911.

Sounds like you are set. My wife and I are biking a lot more and I carry either my Glock 26 in my Maxpedition Colossos Versipak or if I don't feel like taking the backpack (gun and camera) I put my Ruger LCP in the little wallet bag that is right under my seat.

Or Both!

I am not sure what the bear and mountain lion population is like around there, but I would only add a couple things. Keep the gun were you can get to it in a split second. Zipped in your pack could prove to be fatal. I would suggest also packing some Pepper spray also. Just a crucial as the gun is chosing a good defense hollow point round for it(anything but ball ammo). A good "cheap" defensive round you can afford to practice with is Winchester ranger "T" series. Good luck and have fun ;)

PS. A few other non defense items depending on how secluded the trail is.
1.)Compass /Cheap Garmin GPS could come in handy also.
2.)SAS survival guide ($11 at amazon)
3.)Paracord 50ft
4.) LeD maglite mini 30 hours on 2 AA
5.) Army mess kit
6.) Good knife (Gerber LMF II, $65 amazon)
7.) Pill bottle with 200ft fishing line round around a qtip(use power drill), 5 fishhooks, few sinkers, cotton swabs and small firestarter(gobspark).
8.) Small first aid kit with alcohol swabs and blister medicine. Mosquito repellent depending ontime of the year.
You can fit most of that stuff in a small 7"x3" tupperware conainer. and besides the knife it will only weigh about a pound.

Maybe for somthing fast I'll put my LCP in a zip lock bag in my jersy pocket, I would be able to shoot through the bag. I'll still have my PM9, 9mm in my fanny pack.

I was looking for something to use while bike riding and came across the Pistol Wear pouch. Link Removed It has a moisture barrier between your skin and the gun. I have considered giving it a try.

I was looking for something to use while bike riding and came across the Pistol Wear pouch. Link Removed It has a moisture barrier between your skin and the gun. I have considered giving it a try.

I just bought one of those to use when I go cycling. Have only tried it on around the house for a few minutes, but so far I like it. Note that it's just a soft pouch, there's no hard holster component to protect the trigger. The manufacturers recommend only using with guns that have additional safety mechanisms (other than just the trigger) or carrying without one in the chamber.

They make a few different styles. I bought the "standard" one that can fit larger guns. I'm not sure that anything larger than my Cougar (Stoeger/Beretta 8000) would fit too well. It seems to be pretty close to the maximum limit. Nothing else to try with though.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back