Carry South Carolina

raybsc

Brand New here, looks like a good place to start.

If it's OK with you guys, I'll swing by here from time to time to check in. I'm in NJ now, but we just bought property outside of Greenville last year ("Liberty" . . . ain't that a great name for a place to live?) and we're planning to build in the next few years. Got my Non-Res Fla. permit but no reciprocity with SC, so I'll be getting that early on when time comes. Great State you got there. WE got there!!

USA Carry is a great site so far Ektarr and wlecome to SC.
You don't by chance work for Reliable Sprinkler.
They moved to Liberty from NY I thought.

Welcome Ektarr! Liberty is a great little town. I was born and raised in Easley between Liberty and Greenville. You know since you have property in SC you can get a non-resident permit until you move here.

Another SC vote

Hi all,
Just wanting to say hello to my fellow SC friends. Looking forward to good discussion of carry issues here. BTW, Liberty has a very nice public range. I went down there several times, until I built my own in the back yard.

Thank you for the Welcome, Gentlemen, I appreciate the Southern Hospitality.

Red Hat, I had heard that I was eligible for the SC Non-Resident Permit by dint of my having "intentions" of moving in, but it requires me to take the SC Class, does it not? Or does my having a FL CCW fill that bill? Getting down there to take the class isn't out of the question, but working 50 to 60 hours a week makes it a little impractical. I can make it happen, but not for a while.

I'm really looking forward to making the move! Once the stars are right and the Gods are smiling my way, I'll be packing up and heading down. May take the scenic route on the Harleys on the way, but I'll be there. Save me a seat, willya?

Red Hat, I had heard that I was eligible for the SC Non-Resident Permit by dint of my having "intentions" of moving in, but it requires me to take the SC Class, does it not? Or does my having a FL CCW fill that bill? Getting down there to take the class isn't out of the question, but working 50 to 60 hours a week makes it a little impractical. I can make it happen, but not for a while.
As far as I know you would have to set through an 8 hour class and fire 50 rounds. I'll try to find out and post it here.

It looks like you have to do the training. Link Removed Look at the second page at Documentation of Training:

Last edited:
Welcome jwally! It's been a while since I was in your area. I closed MBAFB down in 93 and retired. I've only been back once since then.

Welcome Jw

I been out of town, but its great to see someone from my neck of the woods, Myrtle Beach here also.. I shoot at the MBISR on 17 bypass...........

Thanks MufDady - I used to shoot quite a bit there. I do most of my shooting now at outdoor ranges, much prefer them, although I have a friend in Conway that is going to build another indoor range off of 544.

jw

Do either of you know what happened to the Firing Range at MBAFB? I was the last Superintendent of Combat Arms at the base and closed it in 93. I went back a few years later and it was all grown up, you could hardly see the range.

Cool JW

I live off River oaks now, soon to move up off 905 about 5 miles from 9... Glad to know someone is building an indoor range close to Conway.. Hope you had a great Christmas, and your New Year is fantastic.............

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back