Carry Piece

db cooper

Itching to buy a new carry piece. Thinking about a .45 any suggestions or opinions on the best somewhat compact .45? thanks

Itching to buy a new carry piece. Thinking about a .45 any suggestions or opinions on the best somewhat compact .45? thanks

Depends on how "somewhat Compact" you want it. If you like Single Action 1911's, get a Lightweight Ofc's ACP or Kimber CDP. Like the Glock and 10 rounds, get a Glock 30. Like a small, flat DAO. Get a Kahr P45. An inexpensive, but quality, super compact is the Taurus PT 745. Shop around. I like the 45 ACP also, and there are plenty compacts to choose from these days.

I carry a Kimber Ultra Rsptor, Its nice , Look at the various models that they have in 3 inch. Its a great carry piece and not too big.

Smith & Wesson

I carry a Smith and Wesson M&P 45 in a super tuck holster by cross breed and:man_in_love: love it.

I do not own a 45 at this time. All my autos are 9mm. If I were to buy one I might look at getting it in the Sig 250. That way I could also get the switch out to 9mm and get it in the sub compact configuration.

Glock G30. Or if that is too thick (which it is pretty thick) you can go for the single stack version, Glock G36. I am considering a Jericho 941 in .45 "Medium frame" which is sometimes called compact. But I want to touch/feel one.

As you can see there are a lot of choices available. I carry a Kahr PM45. I have several compact 45's and found the Kahr fit me the best. Go to some gun stores in your area with a list of the recommended firearms here and see which ones you like the best. If you have a firing range that rents firearms see if they have any you like and give them a try. I'll bet you find a couple that you'll absolutely love.:biggrin:

I carry a Glock 21 in a CrossBreed Super Tuck Deluxe, not a compact but very comfortable.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back