Carry Permit

USMC1960

I retired form the USMC in 1981 and haven't fired a weapon since until I just got my carry permit. I fired a 96 out of a possible 100 with a gun that I have never fired. I thought that was pretty good.

USMC1960... welcome to the forums and congrats on your score.

Hopefully we'll hear more from you and be regaled with tales of better scores and greater achievements. Keep carrying.

So you're saying its sort of like riding a bicycle? I'd say you did "pretty" good too. Congrats!

Firearm accuracy is a perishable skill. You do need to practice to maintain the muscle memory for not only accuracy, but for functioning under duress during activities like changing magazines, and reloading the firearm, draw speed, and so on. Some folks are naturally better than others.

I retired form the USMC in 1981 and haven't fired a weapon since until I just got my carry permit. I fired a 96 out of a possible 100 with a gun that I have never fired. I thought that was pretty good.
I had the exact same results. I qualified Expert with the 1911 at 18 years old. Never touched another handgun for 40 years.
Amazing how Corps training, etc. stays with you for life. OORAH !!!

Congratulations on your carry permit and score. Thanks for your service Sir.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the response from everyone. It was my pleasure to serve in the USMC for 21 years and now that I am older it is harder to defend myself and family that is why I went for my conceal carry permit before that right is taken away from us.

Thanks for the response from everyone. It was my pleasure to serve in the USMC for 21 years and now that I am older it is harder to defend myself and family that is why I went for my conceal carry permit before that right is taken away from us.

What state did you get your carry permit from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Link Removed

I know you are a Marine, but for anyone else who carries, please remember that being proficient with a stationary paper target, does not mean you are in any way prepared for a real life encounter with a firearm. Take some training courses like "Fighting Pistol" from Tactical Response, or some of the classes from ICE, so you'll have more experience with live action training, and learn new skills to practice when you get home. The more you know, blah blah..

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back