Carry permit as part time resident


New member
hi all, i currently live in NJ we are building a new house in sussex co. DE. i plane to reside there pt. time until i retire in about 3 yrs. can i obtain a Carry permit in DE as a pt. time resident. only to be used in Delaware. thanks.?

I also live in Sussex County...Seaford. Now, I am no expert on this but if you have a residential address I would think you should be able to obtain your Delaware CCW permit. You will have to fulfill all of the other requirements too. One of which is to have 5 non-relatives that live in Sussex County sign a character affidavit, which may be rather challenging if you are new to the area and don't know anyone yet.

Try these 2 forums:
Delaware Open Carry • Delaware Open Carry -- Even though it is entitles Open Carry, there a lot of knowledgeable people regarding concealed carry, and they are incredibly helpful people.

Delaware Concealed Carry Forum - Index -- There are great people here too, but not near as much activity on this forum as there is on the one above.

Good Luck!!!!
I'd suggest getting a Florida Non-Resident CCW. It's good for 7 years and Delaware recognizes the Florida non-resident permit along with 30+ other states. In 3 years when you retire, you can go through the Delaware permitting process...if you want to go that route.
I may be wrong, but I thought Florida requires you to have a permit in your home state in order to qualify for their permit? I think Utah, on the other hand, is a different story. Though, I may be mistaken on both accounts.

I forgot to mention in my first may need a Delaware drivers license to apply for the DE permit.
Florida does not require you to have a CCW in your home state. They are a "shall issue" state that requires proof of training/military service, finger prints, their application (notarized), photo ID and $117. It takes approximately 3 weeks from mailing in your application until you receive your permit back in the mail.
Here is their link: Form/Publication Request 790 - Division of Licensing, FDACS
I suggest seeking out a Utah permit class which are all over the country. the permit is easy to obtain and is honored in DE. The Legal Heat ( folks run classes on a regular bases on the east coast and you can get the Arizona permit at the same time. Great folks to deal with, highly recommend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Latest member