Carry in Walt Disney World ?

borntotravel

In a few week my family and I will be taking a winter vacation to Walt Disney World in FL. As I have a PA carry permit which is valid in FL I will be taking my small .380. I can not find any policy listing on firearms permitted in the parks yes or no. One would would think that these areas are "no gun zones" which a mad man would be glad to see. I would feel very naked with out my protection walking around with all those people. Any suggestions? Has any one carried in the parks? any comment would be helpfull.

Thanks, Dave

I've done it. Whatever you do, be sure to carry on your person. From past visits, I learned that they do search bags, but AFIK, there's no metal detectors or "frisking" going on. If you have a gun in your bag, they will ask you to secure it in your vehicle or to leave the premises. Deep concealment is the key. If you're "made", worse case scenario, they'll simply ask you to leave.

gf

I was at the Rodent last May. I can substantiate GF's statement. If it's on your person deeply concealed you will be fine. I carried in my Smart Carry then transferred it with my spare magazines to my Safepacker in a restroom stall. All they do is poke around in your bags with a stick or at least that was the last time I was there. This is standard for all Florida amusement parks. A note about Six Flags, Six Flags (which there are none in Florida), they do have metal detectors.

I have heard of people being made being asked to store it with park security or being ejected from the park. Depends on the mood of who made you. In either case, you will have your legal CCW status verified by a local LEO and they will check your firearm(s) to see if they are stolen. Typically it's an Orange County Sheriff deputy for Orlando area parks. They have at least one unit assigned to the park. Same goes for the other Florida parks I have been to. Either PD or county sheriff has a unit or two assigned to the park.

The Rodent does not have as many lockers as Universal or Busch Gardens. For thrill rides make sure your carry mode is secure. They do allow you to take your personal belongings on those types of rides at Rodentworld. A Smartcarry or Link Removed on your belt (should you transfer it to that after getting into the park) should work.

If you go to Busch Gardens, Seaworld or Universal make sure your mode of concealment is secure and deep. If you carry in a Safepacker, be as discreet as possible transferring it to a locker. It's possible to remove a Safepacker from your belt without exposing your firearm. I do it all the time. It's one of the reasons I purchased it.

A friend had to remove his shirt advertising the training academy "Gun For Hire." Made him buy a shirt if he wanted to get in.

It has been a few years but I carried a 380 in an ankle holster for 3 days while at the different parks at Disney and Universal.

It has been a few years but I carried a 380 in an ankle holster for 3 days while at the different parks at Disney and Universal.

you are lucky not to have been spotted, how many people want to risk their vacation by being banned from WDW property?

If you carry right you dont get spotted. Security doesn't do pat downs. The only thing they seemed to worry about was that you don't bring in any thing that they sale there (bottled water, snacks, etc.). I'm willing to risk getting kicked out of an amusement park when there are crazies out there shooting up crowds for no reason. They didn't check me so I now know that a gunman could walk in and start taking out kids at Disney. This is a sick World we live in and I will not error on not being prepared.

WDW is probably one of the strictest places I have seen, they can smell a gun on you. They have marked and unmarked security that have been trained to identify those who are carrying. From what I hear they use to have lockers that you use to be able to leave your gun in, but they have since done away with even that.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back