carry in a kilt

TheSp8

Except when in uniform I wear a kilt, either a UK or a traditional wool kilt. I'm looking for a way to carry concealed when kilted. I've looked at the smart carry but a traditional is too tight at the waist for an easy draw. Does anyone have any experience with the thigh holsters that are listed as being for use with either shorts or skirts? Any other ideas? If I have to buy a new pistol it's a burden I'm willing to bear.

YMOS,
Tony

Except when in uniform I wear a kilt, either a UK or a traditional wool kilt. I'm looking for a way to carry concealed when kilted. I've looked at the smart carry but a traditional is too tight at the waist for an easy draw. Does anyone have any experience with the thigh holsters that are listed as being for use with either shorts or skirts? Any other ideas? If I have to buy a new pistol it's a burden I'm willing to bear.

YMOS,
Tony

Who needs a gun? It takes a helluva guy to wear a kilt...I know I couldn't do it. I especially wouldn't want to assault a guy with a kilt!

How about a P3AT in the little pouch up front?

In all seriousness, do you ever wear a jacket with it? Perhaps a shoulder rig might just suit you fine....

All I can think of would be a fanny pack or shoulder holster. Could you configure the Kilt with belt loops? Maybe an IWB holster would work.

dv

I've just got to ask. Are you really wearing a kilt in San Antonio? Texas?:unsure:

Maybe you could find a company that makes a set of bagpipes with a secret compartment. :icon_mrgreen:

I'm only kidding around of course, more power to ya. A thigh holster with a small semi-auto like the Kahr Cw9 would probably work well.

I also wear a kilt pretty much 24/7. Either my formal kilt or one of my Utilikilts.

I have carried in my sporin when wearing my formal kilt, but even a large sporin can usually only conceal a smaller pistol.

For daily carry I use a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster - Link Removed. It holds tight against my waist and works with all of my Utilikilts. I have been hiking in it and it stays put and is comfortable all day. You will need to have the kilt cut just a little bit larger in the waist if you are carrying a large (thick) pistol.

I have tried a thigh holster under the kilt, but found that it was too difficult to lift and get a good draw on the pistol - the angles are not right with that much fabric.

I have also carried my pistol in the pockets of my Utilikilt Workmans kilt, but again, it is somewhat slow to draw.

May I request you guys not use a thigh holster. I am afraid I will be looking when you pull up your kilt to draw. While I always enjoying looking at a pretty handgun, I really do not wish to see it presented in this fashion. :D

Just kidding of course

Thanks for the options. The link from abock33 was the thigh rig I've been looking at. I like the crossbreed holster and do think it would work well with my UKs. I'm more concerned with my traditional kilts as I wear them most often. I may just have to build a sporran for concealed carry.

Yes, DarrellM5, I certainly wear a kilt in San Antonio. It does draw some interesting reactions at times.

YMOS,
Tony

May I request you guys not use a thigh holster. I am afraid I will be looking when you pull up your kilt to draw. While I always enjoying looking at a pretty handgun, I really do not wish to see it presented in this fashion. :D

Just kidding of course

A picture from Oleg Volk addresses this issue: Link Removed

If I need to pull out my gun to fend off an attacker, I am not worried about anyone seeing my other ... um, gun. :)

Is there like this underground movement of kilt-wearers that I just had no idea existed?! wow....

...oh I wanted to second the opinion regarding the Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster. If you could rig up a belt of some sort, it's great way to carry!

Sorry to be late to the party.
There are a few options. Galco makes an under-skirt thigh rig that looks resonable well thought out.
NeoKilts makes kilts that have a "gun pocket" that snaps on and off.(Runs the pistol to the inside of a kilt)
The Utilikilt "Mocker" has front slash pockets that are deep enough to dump a full size Beretta into. (It simply disappears, much to my students chagrin)
And finally Stillwater Kilts sells a ballistic nylon sporran that is well suited to carrying a smaller handgun in. I frequently carry a Colt Govt. .380 in it with no problems. (He originally advertised it with this in mind.)

Just curious as to why you wear Kilts? I really have never heard of anyone in the US wearing them are normal attire but usually as part of a uniform or "costume". Of course I would rather see someone wearing kilts that the "baggy pants" costumes that seems to be so popular among the teens nowdays.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back