Carry anywhere

hvac49013

I think that we should be able to carry anywhere. Including schools, court house, maybe not courtrooms or bars. I think that teachers should be able to carry in school if they choose to after they have taken a class. If someone wants to really do harm signs are not going to stop them.

You can carry anywhere theres no metal detector used, weather you want to be legal or not and play by our jackass rules is in question, and all I can say to that is if god forbid if you were ever to have to use your weapon, in a school, courthouse, post office, 3 bad guys with machine guns better be the reason with one of them in the police chiefs wifes ear

You can carry anywhere theres no metal detector used, weather you want to be legal or not and play by our jackass rules is in question, and all I can say to that is if god forbid if you were ever to have to use your weapon, in a school, courthouse, post office, 3 bad guys with machine guns better be the reason with one of them in the police chiefs wifes ear

Indeed........................

More people are killed by cars driven by people under the influence of alcohol than are shot by people under the influence of alcohol. Obviously, it is not enough to simply make it illegal to drive a car while under the influence, so by the same reasoning that guns are dangerous in bars and you should not be allowed to carry in a bar - then we should make it illegal to carry car keys on the person in a bar.

The solution to people doing stupid and/or criminal things with guns is NOT to restrict everyone else who don't do stupid and/or criminal things with gun. If I am traveling on a trip and I stop at Applebee's for dinner, and they want to seat me in the bar because they are busy and I am by myself - there should be absolutely no reason at all why I can't possess my firearm in the bar area.

I am not sure about other states. Here in Michigan if more than 50% of sales are in other than alcohol is not considered a bar, that should not be a problem. The problem is that your blood alcohol can not be more than .02 and you have your hand gun on you.

I am not sure about other states. Here in Michigan if more than 50% of sales are in other than alcohol is not considered a bar, that should not be a problem. The problem is that your blood alcohol can not be more than .02 and you have your hand gun on you.
The actual Michigan law is:

Michigan Legislature - Section 28.425o

FIREARMS (EXCERPT)
Act 372 of 1927

28.425o Premises on which carrying concealed weapon or portable device that uses electro-muscular disruption technology prohibited; “premises” defined; exceptions to subsections (1) and (2); violation; penalties.
-snip-
(d) A bar or tavern licensed under the Michigan liquor control code of 1998, 1998 PA 58, MCL 436.1101 to 436.2303, where the primary source of income of the business is the sale of alcoholic liquor by the glass and consumed on the premises. -snip-
bold added by me for emphasis...

Link Removed

pri·mar·y (prī′mĕr′ē, -mə-rē)
adj.
1. First or highest in rank, quality, or importance; principal.
2. Being or standing first in a list, series, or sequence.
3. Occurring first in time or sequence; earliest.
4. Being or existing as the first or earliest of a kind; primitive.
-snip-
Please note that "primary" means the first in a list, series, or sequence. And if one were to "list" the "series" of the "sequence" of all the sources of income whichever one is the most would be the "first" (primary).

"Primary" source doesn't rely on "less than 50%" or "more than 50%" but "primary" means which source of income is the most out of all the sources of income. It would be possible for a business to have an income of 45% from the sale of liquor by the glass... and 40% from the sale of food... and 15% from the sale of T shirts... but even if food and T shirts account for more than 50% of the income the "primary" source of income would be from the sale of liquor by the glass.

How would we know what the primary source of income actually is? We don't... but if the name of the place is Joe's restaurant and Joe also sells wine/beer/booze to go with the meal we can guess that food would be the primary source. But if the name of the place is Joe's Bar and Grill we can guess that booze is the primary and Joe also sells hot dogs and cheeseburgers.

Full disclosure.. I am not an attorney. I'm just reading the law(s) as they are written and doing my best to understand the actual words contained therein... and I cannot find any legal language that states that all sources of income that are not from booze can be added together and then be counted as a lump percentage to compare to the income from booze. If someone has such language please post it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back