Carry a photocopy of permit instead of original?

In NC, our permit is linked to our driver's license. If a cop runs your tag and you're the registered owner of the vehicle, it will notify him you've got a concealed carry permit before he ever gets out of his car.
You are very correct, Pir8fan. Most cops call in the plate prior to stopping the vehicle, but rarely know the result of the check (unless something is wrong) until clearing the stop. I was concerned in 1995 when then Attorney General Mike (W)easley made the decision to link DMV and CHP records, afraid it would be "the mark of Cain" on CHP holders, but I think it may have had the opposite effect, letting cops know that the owner is maybe a good guy...... (Never assume!) Most NC cops treat all stops like they are armed, but know there are both good guys and bad guys with guns, not just bad guys....... Go ECU Pirates!!!!

You are very correct, Pir8fan. Most cops call in the plate prior to stopping the vehicle, but rarely know the result of the check (unless something is wrong) until clearing the stop. I was concerned in 1995 when then Attorney General Mike (W)easley made the decision to link DMV and CHP records, afraid it would be "the mark of Cain" on CHP holders, but I think it may have had the opposite effect, letting cops know that the owner is maybe a good guy...... (Never assume!) Most NC cops treat all stops like they are armed, but know there are both good guys and bad guys with guns, not just bad guys....... Go ECU Pirates!!!!

what is this nonsense that a cop will think that you are a good guy because you have some sort of permit. a cop who goes by that isn't much of a cop

what is this nonsense that a cop will think that you are a good guy because you have some sort of permit. a cop who goes by that isn't much of a cop
If that's what you got out of my post, you're just looking for something to complain about..... Rather than nit-pick a pro-gunner, you should be trying to convert an anti-gunner... Have a Merry Christmas! !

Agreed

Cops see you as guilty. They don't necessarily know what you are guilty of but they know you are guilty of something. Carrying around a copy of an official document just screams to them that you have something to hide. They will want to know why you have a fake document and probably any answer you give will not be sufficient. Include this with you being an armed citizen and you are just asking for lots of trouble and lots of time taken away from you. You might come out of it without any charges or fines but it will most likely take lots of your time. The possible scenarios to get yourself in trouble vs the small hassle to remove your permit from your wallet just seems like an easy decision to me.

I think you're right. Not worth the risk to carry a photocopy despite the inconvenience. Thanks to all whose replies were to the point.

I wouldn't carry a copy because it was not issued by the state. I wouldn't do it especially how the gun grabbers are running around like the flying monkeys from the wizard of oz. JK. lol.

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back