Canton Police Officer Under Investigation After Concealed Carry Arrest

This cop has a "god-complex' and not only should he not be carrying a badge, but he gives a bad name to the many good cops out there. Being a member of this forum for years all of you know I am against gun control. But in my opinion IF there is a case to be made for gun control this cop would be the posterboy for gun control and this cop should NOT be allowed to own ANY type of gun. I would get a lawyer and sue the hell out of that cop and do whatever I legally could do to insure he never did that again. He belongs in jail. See how long he will last there.

I was trained by a SWAT team member...and one of the things he pointed out to us was that there are good cops and bad cops out there...and no matter WHAT...if you have to scream it out is that the first thing out of you mouth is I am a CCW permit holder with you hands stuck out the window. I do not condone the officers actions...but the permit holder should have made it clear up front with all his efforts that he was a CCP holder.. Little stupid on both parties, but 99% of CCW permit holders are not idiots, and understand the law and with all our efforts that will be the first thing we say to an officer.....with both my hands stuck out the window when stopped "Officer...I am a CCW permit holder and I have a handgun in the vehicle"...

I was trained by a SWAT team member...and one of the things he pointed out to us was that there are good cops and bad cops out there...and no matter WHAT...if you have to scream it out is that the first thing out of you mouth is I am a CCW permit holder with you hands stuck out the window. I do not condone the officers actions...but the permit holder should have made it clear up front with all his efforts that he was a CCP holder.. Little stupid on both parties, but 99% of CCW permit holders are not idiots, and understand the law and with all our efforts that will be the first thing we say to an officer.....with both my hands stuck out the window when stopped "Officer...I am a CCW permit holder and I have a handgun in the vehicle"...

During the filming of this incident, the driver kept trying to tell the officer he had a permit but the officer kept screaming for him to shut up. I'm sorry but I feel like the officer was acting stupidly. First, he waited five minutes before ever talking to the driver. I would think the driver would have been the first person he would have talked to. The officer was an idiot for getting in the back seat with that other person and not having checked the driver. He definitely could have been killed but it would have been his own fault. It seems that he finally realized he had screwed up in handling the situation and took it out on the driver. Just from the threats he made to the driver, he should be fired and possibly prosecuted himself. He has no business being a police officer. The driver should get a good lawyer and sue the town of Canton, the Police Department and the officers involved. I would also think that all law enforcement agencies in Ohio would take notice of how the law is being violated against those legally authorized to carry weapons and give a little remedial training to all officers.

as an FTO, this is the type of cop that I would recommend for dismissal. This "I'm the only guy that can have a gun" attitude is complete BS. we are here to protect the people's rights just as much as we are here to enforce laws. Now, there obviously was a crime in progress (prostitution) and this CHL holder should not have been there or should not have been carrying at the time. The cop let the hooker go so I doubt that charge can be filed. The pimp was cuffed and stuffed for some reason that I never did hear. Dope possession? Very likely the driver will lose his CHL for being involved with the hooker and the front passenger. Still, this cop is an ass and should not hold a badge or a CHL in your state or anywhere else. Hot heads with god complexes and crap attitudes are dangerous!

under the post canton policeofficer under investagtion after concealed carry arrest. there is a article by Chad D Baus in the buckeye firearms association and he is a nra instructor. said that policeoffficers are saying that there are dozens and dozens of people who are failing to fulfill their obligations under the law. ( he means failed to notified the police they are a concealed weapon permit holder and they are carrying.) Well where are the arrest reports? there should be dozens and dozens. Oh out of the goodness of their hearts they let it go. YOUR BLOWING sunshine Up our xxx cause thats not happening.
and if you care to open your eyes officers like this scare most of us to death, so if someone fails to say hey I am a ccw holder I don't blame him.( but if your going carry you got to.) so then after dozens and dozens of cops lose their job and go to jail maybe they can be more like a pro and say something like goodday Sir I stopped you because ( what law the person broke.) and can I see your driver lic, proof of insur. or act like a professional policeofficer. like what we pay them for. when the police break the law there is no law.
the next canton cop who pulls this crap will cost the city every thing. money, trust, and respect.
and you mr Baus stop playing both sides, the police are many and have all kinds of help.
when they are wrong we need all to see it and say it's wrong not spend half your post defending the police.
they are big boys they can say ok we need to fix this we have a bad incident and we are retraining our policeofficers and we are open about this. we will keep records on ccw incidents. complaint made by the public will be review by the mayor office and Ia div. Oh and this is a civil rights violation call the fbi.
we want the right to protect ourself from criminals cause the police could not be there when we were attacked. Now the police are the criminals. mr B have your seen the lawsuits on the citys because of the police misconduct. you think they are are wonderful policemen too. The police have had power so long that they don't like it when the people can defend themself with guns too, you can hear it on the video. thats why there is a passage in the act 32 where policeofficers can be charged for breaking the law.
WE the People you pukes! Ok now I got that off my mind. let see if the FBI could make a sting operation where they act like normal people driving and make a law violation like improper turn or speeding 10 miles over the posted speed and they have ccw permits and see how the police treat them and any buthead like the canton officer get arrested and in fed court. OH no that would be protecting the people right can't have that. Policeofficers might have to be professional then. pick a city mr Butthead any city. we could tape any normal police stop and out of ten stops how many do you think the officers would say Good day sir or
not say something like Hey ass holx you were speeding ten miles over the posted speed. 4 maybe 3? how about none. any buddy what to try this we tape ten stops and show how bad it is.
maybe there are not dozen and dozens of police out there not breaking the law.
Oh there was One I got stopped by a female officer and she was professional and gave me the ticket ( for speeding 13 over) told me how to understand the ticket and court. and let me back into the flow of traffic.
I was shamed for speeding I was day dreaming about a ball game I was going to. saw that I was speeding when the red lights came on. But she treated me like a person and I have not had a speeding or other ticket in years. I watch my speed now. This was my first and only stop I was 21 and just got out of the Marines.
some 30 years ago. I am sure there will be more of this kind of thing happening cause the mindset of the police will have to change. Like the civil right laws this will take time so do not defend them put the pressure on they to change. If you say most of them are not like this the ones who are get to hide behind them. make it so bad that the ones who are not like this will not stand for any law breaking by the hotheads.
There will be a ccw holder shot by a cop it's going to happen, and unless their is a video the cop is going to be right. I guess the world is a dangerous place and all we can do is try to live in the law and hope
that things get better. When the police break the law they should be pounded for it cause they have to be the best of us. the bar is very high for them thats what carrying the badge is, and when they do that you can see they are the best of us.

After watching the video a couple dozen times ... I see no where until after the arrest that the officer told the driver to shut up.

Found another good link for this

Link Removed

I think the officer should be placed on unpaid leave until after the investigation trial and conviction for the terroristic threats he made. He is clearly a sociopath and needs to be a private citizen because I do not trust him with a badge given his award winning dashcam performance

I may be in the minority but I don't see any excuse whatsoever for the officers filthy language. There is no excuse for his threatening to shoot the fellow either. This officer has very serious anger management problems and shouldn't be a police officer or allowed to carry a gun. This officer is a loose cannon looking for a place to go off.

As more and more camera's are present and capturing everyones activity, notably a dash cam here, rogue cops are getting seen for what they are in increasing numbers. These mouthy and abusive cops once very nearly ALWAYS enjoyed complete cover not only due to citizen fear after being verbally or physically roughed up, but also because the department could easily "investigate" a reported incident and if no proof available the incident was brushed under the carpet. Thankfully the evil in a man, yes "even an LEO", is sometimes put on display courtesy of today's digital (camera) age which in this case makes it so that this emotionally child-like cop is unable to hide behind his acting ability in front of his superiors and is busted.

One question tho... How would a video, such as this dash cam video, become available to the public. Are dash cam video recordings public and available?

As more and more camera's are present and capturing everyones activity, notably a dash cam here, rogue cops are getting seen for what they are in increasing numbers. These mouthy and abusive cops once very nearly ALWAYS enjoyed complete cover not only due to citizen fear after being verbally or physically roughed up, but also because the department could easily "investigate" a reported incident and if no proof available the incident was brushed under the carpet. Thankfully the evil in a man, yes "even an LEO", is sometimes put on display courtesy of today's digital (camera) age which in this case makes it so that this emotionally child-like cop is unable to hide behind his acting ability in front of his superiors and is busted.

One question tho... How would a video, such as this dash cam video, become available to the public. Are dash cam video recordings public and available?

Yes by Freedom of Information Act. Also if you are charged with something and there was a video or media available and it cannot be produced as evidence in court your case is usually dismissed.

Google "Canton Police". Don't know how many officers they have, but there are a bunch of hits about other officers having various incidents. From murdering their girl friend to shop lifting. The goober in the video has been before their internal affairs dept. 16 times. This is crazy!!

Very bad behavior on LEO. The language is inexcusable. The actions border on criminal. He came out of the police car with an attitude. He claims he wouldn't lose any sleep over putting ten rounds in the poor guy. He talks about putting his own gun to the poor guy's head twice. He even admits he'll pull this car over in the future without cause. I'd like to see the LEO prosecuted. I'm no attorney but that sounds like three counts of harassment. Please! Never allow this nutjob back in uniform... and I'm "pro-LE!"

OCCI:214628 said:
Yes by Freedom of Information Act. Also if you are charged with something and there was a video or media available and it cannot be produced as evidence in court your case is usually dismissed.

I wish that was true...state trooper never brought the video to my case, still found guilty...I'll upload if people want to see it...had to pay for video too

Couple things.
1. Never leave your vehicle unless ordered too.
2. Dont wave your license around... one must verbally notify in Ohio & produce a license upon request.
3. Hands where they can be seen on the steering wheel.
4. Speak loud, clear and notify, even if you have to interrupt the officer, finish your sentence. Do not tell stories or explain ... NOTIFY!
5. Move slow and with clear intent. (One shouldnt need to move at all when verbally informing, but may need to move in order to obtain their DL and CHL)
6. Do not touch your gun, unless ordered too.

7. Carry a voice recorder.

While we believe the Officer should be charged criminally we also think the driver could have done a much better job & shouldnt be charged. As far as the hooker & pimp ... we will never know will we? The officer let them go because they were minor crimes and thought he got him a felony (even though its a M1 or MM, depending).

However this all could be easily solved by removing the Notification requirement.

We also teach not to escalate a situation with verbal abuse or to be scared of a police officer if your not doing anything wrong. Dont be scared, be safe!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back