Can't log on to the site when connected to my wifi...

Sounds like time to call your internet provider.

Well, I was able to revert it back to what it was, now my internet works again but for all I know, I was doing something wrong....

I may have to call my ISP to see what they think. I just hope they don't blame my router....

Could it be my router or could it be my internet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would give it a very very low probability for your router or internet to be the problem.

Why?
  • Wordfence is software that runs on servers to protect them attacks.
  • Wordfence is a plugin to Wordpress a very popular content manager for websites.
  • Wordpress is used on this site. (verified by looking at page source information)
  • The fact you have no problems with any other sites.

How you got caught up in this is the question. Might be a false positive, or something as simple as you entered your password incorrectly too many times. There are many options that can be set in Wordfence by the administrators that result in a blocked IP address. And 'stuff happens'.

I would give it a very very low probability for your router or internet to be the problem.

Why?
  • Wordfence is software that runs on servers to protect them attacks.
  • Wordfence is a plugin to Wordpress a very popular content manager for websites.
  • Wordpress is used on this site. (verified by looking at page source information)
  • The fact you have no problems with any other sites.

How you got caught up in this is the question. Might be a false positive, or something as simple as you entered your password incorrectly too many times. There are many options that can be set in Wordfence by the administrators that result in a blocked IP address. And 'stuff happens'.
That's kinda my thoughts but then again, how do you explain the blocking of my mom's phone considering that before this weekend, it's never been to usacarry.com and it was immediately rejected access so something's having to do with my internet provider or my router.

I just wish I knew who would be the best direction to figure out what's causing this. Seems to me like these Wordfence or Wordpress people are the ones who have the 'splainin' to do...[emoji41]

Well, I just got off the phone with my ISP and they assured me the problem was more than likely in my router. They said to call the manufacturer to make sure my dns settings were right among a few other things.

It's not your router, nor your ISP, but this server.

I typed an earlier reply which contained the IP address this site uses and the URL in text, and Wordfence blocked me from posting that message.
Link Removed

The fact your mothers phone was blocked immediately tells me it is the IP address your internet provider has assigned to your router.

Have you contacted Lukem or Calvin on here, as they should be able to see the blocked IP list.

Again, I don't think it is your router because the message you do receive comes from the web-server, not your router or ISP, so you are communicating with the server, just you access is blocked.

It's not your router, nor your ISP, but this server.
Hmm. I didn't think it was the server... I don't really know what to believe as I don't know what the heck is going on, I wasn't saying I was disagreeing with you along that extent, just saying I didn't suspect the server. I'm totally lost...lol.

I typed an earlier reply which contained the IP address this site uses and the URL in text, and Wordfence blocked me from posting that message.
Interesting. What does that mean?

The fact your mothers phone was blocked immediately tells me it is the IP address your internet provider has assigned to your router.
That's what I'm thinking. Maybe I still need to look into further of changing that MAC address clone thing like you told me about yesterday. Again just to refresh, I tried to change it but only ended up losing my internet connection. As far as whether my IP address actually got changed or not, I dunno but I was still connected to my router and as far as I know, my router was still connected to my ISP but I still didn't have internet access. Once I changed it the first time, I did like you said, I applied the settings and rebooted my router and unplugged that box thing that's in between my router and my antenna on the roof and, lost my connection to the internet. Btw, what is that little box called anyway? Would it just be called a modem? It's just a little box about the size of a power adapter for some new printers or some other pieces of electronic equipment that basically has an in and an out for an Ethernet cable. My internet travels through the air like a radio frequency I guess, from broadcasting equipment on a cell tower... to a satellite dish-looking antenna on my roof. Not sure how you would reboot something like that, I just unplugged the power cable from it for about 20 or 30 seconds and plugged it back in.

Have you contacted Lukem or Calvin on here, as they should be able to see the blocked IP list.
No, not yet. I haven't figured out how to find them to contact them from the Tapatalk app. I guess this evening I could log on to the website and contact one of them that way. I was hoping one of them two would have chimed in by now....

Again, I don't think it is your router because the message you do receive comes from the web-server, not your router or ISP, so you are communicating with the server, just you access is blocked.

That's what I'm thinking but that chick i talked to at my ISP was pretty quick to singling out my router as the problem.

Hmm. I didn't think it was the server... I don't really know what to believe as I don't know what the heck is going on, I wasn't saying I was disagreeing with you along that extent, just saying I didn't suspect the server. I'm totally lost...lol.

Interesting. What does that mean?

That's what I'm thinking. Maybe I still need to look into further of changing that MAC address clone thing like you told me about yesterday. Again just to refresh, I tried to change it but only ended up losing my internet connection. As far as whether my IP address actually got changed or not, I dunno but I was still connected to my router and as far as I know, my router was still connected to my ISP but I still didn't have internet access. Once I changed it the first time, I did like you said, I applied the settings and rebooted my router and unplugged that box thing that's in between my router and my antenna on the roof and, lost my connection to the internet. Btw, what is that little box called anyway? Would it just be called a modem? It's just a little box about the size of a power adapter for some new printers or some other pieces of electronic equipment that basically has an in and an out for an Ethernet cable. My internet travels through the air like a radio frequency I guess, from broadcasting equipment on a cell tower... to a satellite dish-looking antenna on my roof. Not sure how you would reboot something like that, I just unplugged the power cable from it for about 20 or 30 seconds and plugged it back in.

No, not yet. I haven't figured out how to find them to contact them from the Tapatalk app. I guess this evening I could log on to the website and contact one of them that way. I was hoping one of them two would have chimed in by now....

That's what I'm thinking but that chick i talked to at my ISP was pretty quick to singling out my router as the problem.

I'll send them a message and reference this thread. Hopefully one of them will contact you then.

Keep in mind that the first tier tech support are probably just reading from a script, and plugging in your answer, which tells them what to say next. (I know, at one time I wrote scripts for a call center). Second tier people are much more tech savvy.

I'll send them a message and reference this thread. Hopefully one of them will contact you then.

Keep in mind that the first tier tech support are probably just reading from a script, and plugging in your answer, which tells them what to say next. (I know, at one time I wrote scripts for a call center). Second tier people are much more tech savvy.

Cool thanks.

I'm contacting Wordfence to see why this would be happening to you. I'll be in touch.

Well, something musta happened because this post you all are reading was made while I was connected to my home wifi...

And you didn't have to replace your router :wink:

I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that...[emoji41] I don't know how much a good router should cost but my Linksys EA6350 was about 80 bucks at Walmart... and it's only less than a year old.

Well, so far I haven't had any more problems and I haven't heard anything from my isp.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back