Can't log on to the site when connected to my wifi...

corneileous

Alright, yes I just sent an email to somebody from the main site under the "contact us" section but I figgered I'd throw my question down here....

I haven't tried it on my laptop yet but from my iPhone, I just now pinpointed that when I noticed this problem a few days ago that I can't access the site or the site through Tapatalk when I'm connected to my home wifi. I switch the wifi off on my phone and all the sudden I can log on and post but as soon as I try to access the site either through Tapatalk or from safari browser on my phone after turning my wifi on and connecting to it, I was getting that 404 message from that wordfence thing, whatever that is.

Any idea why the usacarry site would be rejecting me when connected to my wifi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And of course restarting my router and my internet(I have a satellite antenna looking antenna on the roof that picks up a signal from equipment on a nearby cell tower, that goes to some kinda box that has an Ethernet cable that goes to my router...)didn't change anything.

I had similar issues with Tapatalk and I am not in the country right now. I thought it was the Internet provider of the particular WiFi I was using blocking access to gun forums. May be not. It could be just some random bug with Tapatalk.

I don't think it's Tapatalk with me. I'm using it as I'm typing this post. Then again I'm not using my home wifi connection either, just my data connection through the cell network.

Sure would be nice if a usacarry representative or somebody would chime in on the issue. I shouldn't have to turn my wifi off to visit the site.

I can use Tapatalk version7.0.6 with my Android phone with WiFi or with my T-Mobile data plan. It switches seamlessly between them. It might be a problem at your end, not with USA Carry. Sorry, I don't have an iPhone, so I don't know if your OS has anything to do with it.

You could uninstall and then reinstall your Tapatalk app and see if that helps.

Could that box with the Ethernet cable be your modem?

I've only started having this problem a few days now. It may very well actually be on my end, I wasn't necessarily saying it was usacarry's fault, I'm just saying that it's awfully odd that it's only usacarry that's not letting me use the site while being connected to my home wifi. As I stated, if I switch the wifi radio off on my phone, I can use the site flawlessly without issue. Reconnect to my wifi- can't log in. I highly doubt it's Tapatalk or my wifi because there's three other forum sites I use Tapatalk with and they all work the same with my wifi. It's just this one that doesn't.

As far as my iOS version, I don't think that has anything to do with it as the last iOS update was like, at least two months ago and it's worked fine all this time.

I guess I could try uninstalling the Tapatalk app but also what's strange is that even my laptop can't log on either and it's also on my home wifi. I haven't tried connecting it to my iPhone's wifi hotspot but I'm almost a hundred percent certain that it will be able to log in that way.

Lastly, I don't know what the correct term is for that box. I just know that my store-bought Linksys wifi router is what is connected to that and everything else is connected to it but, it's all the same equipment I've always had. This is a new issue.

You use Tapatalk on your laptop?

Was anything changed prior to this problem happening? That is, new router, new modem, change of password, update of software, settings, default connections, etc. Sometimes even something that seems unrelated can be trouble.

I hope you can get help from the forum's technical staff soon.

I've only started having this problem a few days now. It may very well actually be on my end, I wasn't necessarily saying it was usacarry's fault, I'm just saying that it's awfully odd that it's only usacarry that's not letting me use the site while being connected to my home wifi. As I stated, if I switch the wifi radio off on my phone, I can use the site flawlessly without issue. Reconnect to my wifi- can't log in. I highly doubt it's Tapatalk or my wifi because there's three other forum sites I use Tapatalk with and they all work the same with my wifi. It's just this one that doesn't.

As far as my iOS version, I don't think that has anything to do with it as the last iOS update was like, at least two months ago and it's worked fine all this time.

I guess I could try uninstalling the Tapatalk app but also what's strange is that even my laptop can't log on either and it's also on my home wifi. I haven't tried connecting it to my iPhone's wifi hotspot but I'm almost a hundred percent certain that it will be able to log in that way.

Lastly, I don't know what the correct term is for that box. I just know that my store-bought Linksys wifi router is what is connected to that and everything else is connected to it but, it's all the same equipment I've always had. This is a new issue.

I would try your HotSpot. Have you been able to connect on retail WiFi like a coffee shop or similarly available public WiFi? Does your home setup let you log onto other gun or ammo websites? I know a certain hospital, not to be mentioned, which bans such activity. I doubt your ISP would do such a thing though.

The Place To Be

You use Tapatalk on your laptop?

Was anything changed prior to this problem happening? That is, new router, new modem, update of software, settings, default connections, etc. Sometimes even something that seems unrelated can be trouble.

I hope you can get help from the forum's technical staff soon.

No, I just use Tapatalk from my phone.

The only thing that was done different was that I noticed that Tapatalk either brought back or came out with the Tapatalk pro version and since it was getting time to renewing my ad-free subscription to the regular ole Tapatalk app, I decided to buy the lifetime verison of Tapatalk pro so that I don't have to renew a subscription every year. That's when a day or so I think went by when I noticed that some wordfence, 403 error or whatever started popping up not letting me log in. Well, I decided to uninstall the Tapatalk pro app and download and reinstall the original Tapatalk app which didn't change anything. Still wouldn't let me login if my phone was connected to my wifi.

I would try your HotSpot. Have you been able to connect on retail WiFi like a coffee shop or similarly available public WiFi? Does your home setup let you log onto other gun or ammo websites? I know a certain hospital, not to be mentioned, which bans such activity. I doubt your ISP would do such a thing though.

The Place To Be

I haven't tried any other wifi's, just my own.

One of the other sites I'm member to is a Ruger gun forum and it doesn't block me like this one does so I doubt that's it..

I could go ahead and try logging into the site from my laptop while it's connected to my phone's data connection but as I said, I doubt that'll show anything.

It's like this wordfence thing that usacarry website is using for site security doesn't like something on my home wifi.

Because it is your wifi for both your phone and laptop, it sounds like something your ISP is doing. Do you have a PC connected with an ethernet cable? Does it work?

Well, I haven't tried yet what Niceshootin' said about trying to log on to the site from my laptop while it's connected to my phone's wifi instead of the house wifi but I just tried to navigate to usacarry's website from the internet browser on my mom's phone and got the same error message below. She doesn't even have Tapatalk on her phone so obviously in my opinion it's not Tapatalk or my phone, there's something about my home network that usacarry's security guards don't like.
2f3605fa34e6572ac8f3ff41c6eb8465.png

Because it is your wifi for both your phone and laptop, it sounds like something your ISP is doing.
But what, though? I know that's a tough question to answer but what would be causing that? My router is up to date on its firmware. I checked that Friday night. Even tried restarting the router itself and that other little box that the router is plugged into via Ethernet cable to no avail.

Do you have a PC connected with an ethernet cable? Does it work?

No, my laptop is just connected through the wifi. Guess I could try that too. What would it mean if my laptop could get through while connected with the cable but not through wireless? Keep in mind, usacarry.com is the only place giving me security clearance fits.

Wordfence is blocking software that I'm surmising is running on the site that is hosting usacarry, and is blocking the IP address you get from your ISP. When you connect through your phone's data connection, you are connecting with different IP address provided by your cell phone carrier, which is not blocked.

If you have admin rights to your router, you may be able to change its MAC address which may cause your ISP to assign a different IP address for IPv4 to your router when you restart everything, but that will be dependent on your ISP. Sounds like you have a Wi-Max setup with your provider.

On your laptop, bring up the command prompt and type in "ping usacarry.com" (without quotes) and you should get something like this;
Link Removed

If you get something like this;
Link Removed
you are connecting (or attempting) using IPv6, and I am not sure if you will be able to obtain a different IPv6 address.

Have you attempted the instructions in the screen shot you provided?

Wordfence is blocking software that I'm surmising is running on the site that is hosting usacarry, and is blocking the IP address you get from your ISP. When you connect through your phone's data connection, you are connecting with different IP address provided by your cell phone carrier, which is not blocked.

Makes sense.

If you have admin rights to your router, you may be able to change its MAC address which may cause your ISP to assign a different IP address for IPv4 to your router when you restart everything, but that will be dependent on your ISP.
I should have admin rights but how do I change my MAC address?

Btw, it looks like I'm using IPv4, whatever that means with the option to use IPv6.
1ea67ed7c286493dea0a2033719a86c9.jpg

Sounds like you have a Wi-Max setup with your provider.
I have no idea.

On your laptop, bring up the command prompt and type in "ping usacarry.com" (without quotes) and you should get something like this;
Link Removed
That's exactly what came up, pretty much.

Have you attempted the instructions in the screen shot you provided?

Yes, couple times and nothing.

OK, if you got basically the same thing as my example for 104.25.206.33, then you are probably not using IPv6 (meaning your ISP probably isn't providing it yet).

Obtaining a different IP, by asking for a IP address with a different MAC address on your router, may cause the server at your ISP to give you a different IP address. At least worth a shot.

The screen shot you attached provides the place to do that, which is nice.

Check the enable box where it says MAC Address Clone, which should cause the "Clone my PC's MAC" to un-gray. Numbers and letters should appear in the 6 little boxes. Click Apply, they OK, then you will have to restart both the router and the box connected to your router by the ethernet cable.

If you want to see what your public IP address is now, go to https://www.iplocation.net/find-ip-address, then do it after the above and see if it change.

OK, if you got basically the same thing as my example for 104.25.206.33, then you are probably not using IPv6 (meaning your ISP probably isn't providing it yet).

Obtaining a different IP, by asking for a IP address with a different MAC address on your router, may cause the server at your ISP to give you a different IP address. At least worth a shot.

The screen shot you attached provides the place to do that, which is nice.

Check the enable box where it says MAC Address Clone, which should cause the "Clone my PC's MAC" to un-gray. Numbers and letters should appear in the 6 little boxes. Click Apply, they OK, then you will have to restart both the router and the box connected to your router by the ethernet cable.

If you want to see what your public IP address is now, go to https://www.iplocation.net/find-ip-address, then do it after the above and see if it change.

I tried getting a new IP address with MAC address clone thing but the only thing it did was take away my internet connection so I don't know what I did wrong.

Sounds like time to call your internet provider.

Well, I was able to revert it back to what it was, now my internet works again but for all I know, I was doing something wrong....

I may have to call my ISP to see what they think. I just hope they don't blame my router....

Could it be my router or could it be my internet?

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back