Cant find a CC holster for my gun....

vyking

I have a Taurus PT 609 Pro and from what I have found out it is not a common handgun here in the states. Therefor I am unable to find a CC holster for it. I am wanting a outside the pants leather or horse hide holster for it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Take the gun to a gunstore that has a wide holster selection. Something may fit it even if it isn't made for that gun. I'd start by looking at holsters for comparable Taurus models.

I have the same PT609 and I've been researching also for CC. A couple days ago I contacted Crossbreed and they do in fact have a CC Holster for our gun. Here is the reply I got back....

From [email protected]
date Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 9:28 AM
subject RE: PT609 Compatible?

That gun will fit in our holsters for the Taurus 24/7 compact/PT145.

Please let me know if I you have any other questions or if I can be of further assistance.

Marty
CrossBreed Holsters
224 North Main Street
Republic, MO 65738
(888) 732-5011
Crossbreed Holsters > Home

I have the same weapon, nice little gun. First day I had it I put 200 rounds through it without a jam. Anyhow to the topic at hand if you take it in to any reputable gun store worth their salt you should be able to find multiple options depending on how much you want to spend, but just a tip, try to find one that also carries a spare clip.

I have the same weapon, nice little gun. First day I had it I put 200 rounds through it without a jam. Anyhow to the topic at hand if you take it in to any reputable gun store worth their salt you should be able to find multiple options depending on how much you want to spend, but just a tip, try to find one that also carries a spare clip.

Welcome to the forum.

Please note the post date of the threads and posts you are replying to. The original post (OP) is from April 26, 2011. One would hope that the poster has found a concealed carry holster in the past 5 years. Replying to an old thread may be still of some value for people that search this forum later on, so they can find a newer, better answer. However, your post pretty much mirrors what was already mentioned in post #3.

As far as bringing a gun to a reputable gun store goes, the gun should be brought in unloaded with the action open in a case, sleeve or bag. Many reputable gun stores only have holsters designed for common firearms and universal fit holsters. I am not a fan of universal fit holsters and only use them if there is really no alternative. There are many holster makers that offer made-to-order custom holsters that fit a specific firearm. Note that one huge advantage of buying a holster in a store vs. online is that you can easily return it if you don't like it and you don't have to wait for weeks or months for a custom order.

As for the holster that carries an extra magazine, I am also not a fan of that. The following video will explain why:

PS: I am not going to indulge the usual clip vs. magazine issue beyond this comment.

You can try aliengear.com they can make holsters for almost every gun ever made

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using USA Carry mobile app

As for the holster that carries an extra magazine, I am also not a fan of that. The following video will explain why:

1. Dude needs serious practice reloading

2. If at all possible you want to be able to access your magazines with both hands in case either hand is incapacitated

Try looking here: Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back