Can't draw my G19 from King Tuk after installing night sights

mdennhardt

Just slapped TruGlo Tritium sights on my G19 and the abnormally large front sight post is causing the gun to get stuck on my draw (4:00 IWB)

While I typically appendix carry with a Vanguard 2, I'll use my Galco King Tuk if I plan on sitting for long periods of time while carrying. Sooo my dilemma is what do I do?

Do I get rid of the front sight and try to find an alternative night sight with a smaller post? Do I invest in a new IWB holster?

Since it's also my HD handgun for the time being, I'm not looking to shy away from tritium.

Any help is appreciated!

I had a similar issue with my King Tuk. After I had night sights installed, a sliver of plastic would cut itself free after each draw. There is now a slight grove in the front of the holster shell. My experience has been higher quality holsters will have a sight channel built in.

This is a known issue with the King Tuk. It does not have a full sight channel. You have 3 options: 1) Go back to the previous sights, 2) get a different IWB holster with a full sight channel (Alien Gear, Crossbreed or Comp-Tac), or 3) use a heatgun or hairdryer to slightly remold the sight channel of your current holster. Careful though, remolding a kydex holster can be tricky.

This is a known issue with the King Tuk. It does not have a full sight channel. You have 3 options: 1) Go back to the previous sights, 2) get a different IWB holster with a full sight channel (Alien Gear, Crossbreed or Comp-Tac), or 3) use a heatgun or hairdryer to slightly remold the sight channel of your current holster. Careful though, remolding a kydex holster can be tricky.

So a Crossbreed SuperTuk will work fine with my night sights? I might return my King Tuk right now lol

I don't have a Crossbreed, though I suspect they would offer a decent sight channel. My SHTF Gear holster causes me no such issues.

I just checked my 2 Crossbreed SuperTuks. The one for my Glock 19/26 actually does not have a full sight channel, while the one for my Glock 20 has. I guess the full-size Glock 20 needs it. Anyway, I do have AmeriGlo Tritium sights on them and zero issues.

Before buying a different holster, try this. Put the unloaded gun in the holster. Using a hair dryer or a heat gun (on low heat), heat up the small kydex part of the holster the gun gets stuck on when drawing. I assume it is the upper part of the sight channel. Once that part is heated up, draw the gun out of the holster. The part of the holster the gun gets stuck on should get pushed away by the gun. Do not heat the holster up too much. Better trying and failing several times by using not enough heat, than to use too much and change the kydex mold more substantially.

I pretty much did the opposite with an OWB holster for my Glock 19 with a TLR-2 light. The holster completely encloses the gun on the bottom, but I wanted to use the Glock 19 with an extended length barrel. I heated up the end part of the holster and pushed the gun with the longer barrel into the holster. The kydex gave way and the holster now takes the gun with the extended length barrel as well.

King Tuk's are built way to tight. You may be able to correct it with some heat if there's enough material to work with.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back