Cannot decide

multistage

I require a 9mm. This will be for carry and competition. Have ruled out Beretta, M&P (mine has problems right now), and a 226 would be bit steep at the moment. Looks like it will be a Glock 17 or a SIG 2022. Both have had their problems, but both are reputed to be excellent guns. For those of you familiar with either, tell me what you think. BTW, I have never seen or heard of a range in any place I have ever lived that has renters, so that option is out.

I am sorry you do not like a Beretta. That is one of the two I have and I have no problem with mine. Another 9mm I have is the Millenium Pro. It is great gun. You might want to try this latter one, nice for a petite hand like mine. And it shoots great everytime.

I like the 92 just fine, in fact I have an 85 Beretta, which in my opinion is a 380 version of the 92. But they are big and heavy. I prefer SIG above all others, but handled the gen 4 the other day and was quite impressed.

Have you sent your M&P back to Smith and Wesson? My 45 had some serious problems. I sent it back to them, and it was returned fully repaired, no charge, plus an extra magazine, in about 3 weeks.

I just took it to the range yesterday. Fed it 280 rounds of assorted FMJ ammo without any issues. Also fed it 20 rounds of Remington Golden Saber 185gr +P without any issues.

I honestly dont think that either the Glock 17 or the sig 2022 is the best 9mm for competition. I say this being a Glock fan, I own a Glock 22 it is my second Glock 22 that I have owned I love Glock, great weapon for carry. might be a bit big for a CCW.

If the choice is between jut these two weapons I choose Glock everyday of the week and twice on sunday.
The sig feels cheap by comparison.

Semper Fi

I use a M&P 9L (it has a 5in barrel and slide) with an Apex Duty/Carry Action enhancement kit and I use a Glock 19 as well with a 3.5lb connector and competition trigger spring.

I have never had any problems with my M&P but as suggested above i would definitely contact S&W and send it to them. They are very good with customer service and are very quick.

But if you dont like the M&P then go with the Glock and get some upgrades for it so it fits you and also looks cool which is important :)
There are many upgrades you can get for a Glock and not too expensive either. Glockstore.com is where i got the parts for mine.

Good Luck

M&P goes back in a few weeks. They are shut down for annual inventory for a couple of weeks. I love my M&P 357 SIG. But I do need a 9mm. This will be another carry gun used in competition, not a competition gun that will also be carried. If only 357 SIG ammo was as cheap as 9mm.......

I require a 9mm. This will be for carry and competition. Have ruled out Beretta, M&P (mine has problems right now), and a 226 would be bit steep at the moment. Looks like it will be a Glock 17 or a SIG 2022. Both have had their problems, but both are reputed to be excellent guns. For those of you familiar with either, tell me what you think. BTW, I have never seen or heard of a range in any place I have ever lived that has renters, so that option is out.

The 2022 is a good feeling pistol and shoots well. But, you'll discover that finding holsters and accessories can be difficult. It makes me think that Sig-lovers were simply put off by a polymer framed Sig.

I run a Glock 17 for work,ccw, and comp. I have had to use and run hard other guns i.e. 92 226 and HK and if my life depended on it I would take the Glock 10 out of 10 times no questions asked

Ruger

Hey brother go take a look at Ruger SR9. Sticker fire like the glocks and all the new gun bugs r all worked out. Good luck.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back