Can we carry in all states now if we have a Concealed Carry permit

turbo52

I think I may be late but I thought I remembered back some time that there was a law that would allow people to carry concealed in any state as long as they have a concealed carry permit

That is a negative.. that was the recipricoty act, and never passed... There is a rather confusing list of states that accept your CCW permit.. and it varies by state, it can really be quite confusing. Of note though.. vermont has no CC Laws and so anyone can CC...here is the link for an interactive map to help you figure out where your CCW is accepted:
Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

Not yet

I think I may be late but I thought I remembered back some time that there was a law that would allow people to carry concealed in any state as long as they have a concealed carry permit

I don't believe so, at least yet. It may take a while and some states will fight to the bitter end.

The National Reciprocity Act WAS passed overwhelmingly in the House Of Representatives in November 2011. However while a majority of US Senators support National Reciprocity Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will not let it come to a vote, yet. You see IF the Senate were to pass it (they did a couple of years ago) it would force Obama to either sign the bill (he is rabidly anti-gun) or veto it and risk losing votes at election time. And contrary to what some supposedly pro-gun groups claim NONE of the Reciprocity bills create gun registration. Check where your Senators stand on this issue and remember your right to defend yourself should not stop a the State line. But as to your question click on the Permit maps and you will find out what State honors your permit. Do remember that every State has different laws on where, what, how you can carry and you MUST obey the laws of the State that you are in, even if your home State laws says otherwise. Also the FEDERAL School zone law may apply.

The most correct answer is YES, as long has we have a 2nd Amendment.
....the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
However many states and cities have a problem with that. The the answer to keep you out of jail is NO.

Iowa is the only state in the nation that recognizes all conceal & carry permits to my knowledge.

You need to check the maps. Alaska, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina come to mind as recognizing any State issued permit. Michigan recognizes all RESIDENT permits (no non-resident). I think Tennesee recognizes all permits as well.

Iowa is the only state in the nation that recognizes all conceal & carry permits to my knowledge.

I just checked and Tennesee does recognize all permits. Also Vermont has NO concealed carry law so anyone can carry there. Word of caution, while Wyoming is a so called 'Constitutional Carry' State meaning no permit is required, NON-RESIDENTS are still required to have a CC permit from a State Wyoming honors and Wyoming does NOT honor all State permits.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back