Can I posses a weapon

joetod

I have a concealed hand gun permit from massachusetts (resident) and non resident license from Texas. I will be traveling to South Carolina and staying there for several months. Question can keep my weapon in my residence or car. I know that SC doesn't accept my licence to carry. What are my options if any. Can I keep my weapon in my residence? Car?

Since you obviously can legally own a firearm with a MA license you may carry a handgun in your vehicle loaded in the glove compartment or console (don't stuff it under the seat )and transport it from your vehicle to a rented motel room loaded. Legal residence is no problem. I think you will find a major difference in the attitude about firearm ownership between MA and SC. Enjoy our state.

Link Removed

Link Removed

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.

It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law:

(8) a person in his home or upon his real property or a person who has the permission of the owner or the person in legal possession or the person in legal control of the home or real property;

(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is:

(a) secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance;

Link Removed

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.

It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law:

(8) a person in his home or upon his real property or a person who has the permission of the owner or the person in legal possession or the person in legal control of the home or real property;

(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is:

(a) secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance;

Hey Navy,

I wonder if we could start charging for a Googling service?

I wish. :). I possess ninja like google-foo skills!

I was kind of thinking this was about to become a math problem..

Two handguns are traveling towards each other, one starts in Baltimore at 30MPH, the other in Atlanta at 5 MPH. Who gets shot, and where?

Hey coach: Good question. The answer is simple. If you sum up the sides of the isosceles triangle where each point is located at your starting points and destination point and triangulate the result with an intricate and delicate use of an effective metered gigiframis, the result will not only tell you who was shot, but where they were shot with an accuracy of plus or minus 3 inches. I got this information from our federal government, who, as you well know, are experts and I trust immensely.
PS: If this thread writer is "travelling" from MA to SC, he had better check the regs not only as quoted herein for SC but the regs for the states he is passing thru; could find some problems regardless of what he does with his firearm.

I was kind of thinking this was about to become a math problem..

Two handguns are traveling towards each other, one starts in Baltimore at 30MPH, the other in Atlanta at 5 MPH. Who gets shot, and where?

Neither one as both wind up on I-95,travel through DC, get stopped, arrested and jailed for life.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back