Can I get some law help from my Idaho folks?

Danmc

I live in Idaho. I have 2 questions regarding carrying in Idaho that I cannot seem to find the answers to. Can you help me out? I have the non-resident Utah CC permit, but not the Idaho CC permit.

1) If I am carrying openly, how much of the gun can be hiding before it crosses over to being considered concealed? Likewise, if I am carrying concealed, how much of the gun can be exposed before it is considered open? If I remember correctly, Utah law says (per my ccp instructor) that if in Utah, if the gun is being carried openly, it must be in full view. Likewise, if the gun is being carried concealed, it must be fully concealed. No half-way about it. So if I am CC but printing, is that illegal? Or if I am OC but my shirt falls over part of the gun, is that illegal?

2) Alcohol. I am confused about this. Can I carry either OC or CC in a restaurant that serves alcohol to any of the dining tables? For example, most pizza joints serve beer and wine, and those drinks can be taken to any of the tables in the restaurant. Whereas some restaurants like Denny's has a bar, but the alcohol can only be consumed in that portion of the restaurant that is considered as the bar. The alcohol cannot be consumed in the part of the restaurant that is not considered the bar. Can I carry in the portion of the restaurant that is not considered as the bar? And to get more technical, does it matter if the bar and restaurant have, or does not have, an adjoining entry?

If you know the answers and can hook me up with a legal link, it would be much appreciated.

I believe that OC has to be defined as in full view period. Anything further can be considered cc depending on the person interpreting. Be safe, get your ccp, that way no matter how you carry your covered.

As for alcohol, anywhere that restricts people under 21 and serves alcohol, if I'm not mistaken. Every dennys I have ever visited is very well receptive to my carrying no matter oc or cc.

I don't believe Idaho restricts you from an establishment that serves alcohol. I asked the Sheriff here about that when I got my ID CCW, he said that you can be in a bar carrying but you'd better be drinking soda. I did a lot of research when I first got my CCW here and Idaho is very relaxed. Might be treated differently in a large town, mine's fairly small.

Good luck.

TH

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back