Can I Carry at WDW?

benzuncle

We will be taking my nephew to the Mouse House during the Holidays. He's 5 and a half years old (We've been raising him since he was 5 months old.) and we figure he is now old enough to enjoy a lot of it. Does anyone know what Walt Disney World allows or doesn't allow concerning concealed weapons? :confused: Thanks in advance for any genuine info or clever remarks about the Tragic Kingdom or Dismal World. Any and all will be appreciated. Happy Holidays One and All!

Disneyland and WDW do not allow guns. Not even LEO's, no exceptions.

They have been known to call the issuing agency after they catch you too.

Permits get pulled for this

You're Legal

If you’re going to Disney World in Orlando and have a valid permit honored in Florida you can legally carry. Just like any other business if they notice it they can ask you to leave but that’s it. I've carried there before without any issue and never remember seeing any no gun signs, not that they hold any weight in Florida anyway.

They do a quick bag search at the gates so as long as it’s on you and not in a bag it will not be noticed. I carried my Kimber Ultra Carry II IWB and did not have a single issue.

Carry and enjoy!

Here is the Florida State Statute on places off limits to permit holder:

Link Removed
(12) No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05; any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station; any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom; any polling place; any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district; any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof; any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms; any school administration building; any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose; any elementary or secondary school facility; any career center; any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile; inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law. Any person who willfully violates any provision of this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

Thanks much KimberPB. The last time we were there they searched our bags but not us.

Yep and its a pretty pathetic search at that, in my experience anyway. Just a quick look in and on my way.

Have a good time there and let us know how everything goes.

I went to WDW and Universal studios and had no problem carrying. Just make sure that when you ride the Hulk roller coaster that anything you're carrying will be safe while upside down. :)

Just found this...

Link Removed

Links not working but I read this story earlier today. There is more to this story then what was printed. I would say she did not have a valid permit. If she had a valid permit, was asked to leave, and didn't I would think they would have charged her with armed trespassing.

Now if she had a valid permit, was detained, then arrested she might own part of Disney when the dust clears.

Yeah, it's been on the news here. No permit either. My guess is that they will go easier on her than Michael "who let the dogs out" Vick.

I know I'm late to the party here, but I'm 99% sure she didn't have a permit. My understanding is that if you have a permit and they "catch" you, they just ask you to leave. If you stay, you are trespassing.

When it comes right down to it! Do you really need to carry at WDW??

Yep, there's really NO place where you DON'T need to carry. Idiots, crazies, and bad guys will go where they please. It's just a matter of whether or not you want to defend yourself. The "feel-good" atmosphere at Disney is enough to drive even the most sane person to go Postal.

If you did carry at WDW and was asked to leave! How would you handle it! I mean there you are, family in the park, you must leave the property! You can't go to your car and stash your gun and go back in! Your gun is still on WDW property.. What would you do??:confused:

Grandmother Arrested - Link fixed

I loved Ektarr's find about the Grandma getting arrested (shows how convoluted FL is). KimberPB said the link was broken, and he was right. Somehow the link got screwed up in translation - one too many http://'s .

I corrected it here - If you want to shake your head, click away:

Link Removed

Yep thats americas fun park. Talk your kids fishing or hunting. WDW is of limits to Freedom loving people.

Weirdos In WDW Too

When it comes right down to it! Do you really need to carry at WDW??

So some drunk chick was screaming profanities at Epcot and almost assaulted a woman. It was the wine festival, so she was pretty well toasted. She could have attacked a small kid easily, she told a 10 year old girl to F$#% off. So Don't assume that just because it WDW you can't get into a bad situation.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back