Camping In Indana,

AR Hammer

Deaf & Powder Burned...
Getting ready to pitch a tent all Memorial weekend at a local 4WD park for a weekend long event.
This should be a challenge, since in this part of the country the state bird is a 40 pound, twin engine mosquitos!

With the rain we've been having, it should be a mud pit good time...

Taking the usual stuff, pretty large tent, good air mattress, cooking gear and comfortable camp chairs,
And going to try and fend off the bugs, wind, rain, ect. for two nights and three days!

Wish I knew a good way to keep the bugs from carrying us off, but I don't know any tricks besides lots of bug spray and a smoky fire...
Anyone know of a good area treatment for chiggers, ticks, blood suckers and general 'No See-ums'?

Getting ready to pitch a tent all Memorial weekend at a local 4WD park for a weekend long event.
This should be a challenge, since in this part of the country the state bird is a 40 pound, twin engine mosquitos!

Taking the usual stuff, pretty large tent, good air mattress, cooking gear and comfortable camp chairs,
And going to try and fend off the bugs, wind, rain, ect. for two nights and three days!

Wish I knew a good way to keep the bugs from carrying us off, but I don't know any tricks besides lots of bug spray and a smoky fire...
Anyone know of a good area treatment for chiggers, ticks, blood suckers and general 'No See-ums'?
The Hilton Garden Inn.

Don't know about an area treatment, but the best thing I know of to keep them off people is tea tree oil imported from Australia, the purer the better.

I've got some 100% DEET bug juice left over from the Marines,
It may not be safe, but it WILL keep the critters where they belong and off me!

That 40% Deet spray from Wally-World works REALLY good, and you don't taste oysters for two days afterwards like you do with the 100% deet stuff.

Worked GREAT for the weekend up here, and it's keeping the critters, including gnats, off me at the river this year...

Thermacell works well but the area is limited... I think they've come out with a larger one now that might have a light.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back