Camping in Eastern Washington State

santa

santa
:smile: So where in Eastern Washington is your favorite camping spot when either car camping or backpacking? And what firearm(s) do you take and why. Im just curious because I currently live in Adams county and will be moving to Pend Oreille County in a couple of years.

I too live in Adams county. I was born in Pend Oreille county in Ione just south of Metaline Falls. That entire area is great for camping and hiking. There is a great camping ground at Sullivan lake. There is also an 18 mile hiking trail through the Salmo-Priest Wilderness area just north and east of Metaline Falls. Since this area is a Grizzly Bear recovery area, I would not take less than a stout .44 Magnum, a .50 caliber S&W, or a 7mm Magnum into that area. You will need to inquire at the Sullivan Lake ranger station about your firearms being allowed in this area. Above all, do not shoot a grizzly bear unless it is a matter of life and death. There are a lot of black bear there as well. Enjoy.

I am partial to the climbing area outside Vantage just off I-90. You can either climb, or my favorite, drink beer in an easy chair w/ umbrella watching others climb w/ a BBQ in the works.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back