California freeway sniper with a BB/pellet gun???

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
The news media is way off base. A sniper uses a rifle not a kid's toy...what a sad world we live in.

Hunt for California Freeway Sniper Intensifies as New Evidence Emerges
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Link Removed

Print ShareThisThe hunt for a sniper shooting at cars along a northern California freeway intensified as fresh clues emerged in the case, according to police.

The California Highway Patrol said Wednesday they have uncovered new evidence connected to the nighttime shootings along Interstate 680 that have been reported over the last two months, according to FOX San Francisco affiliate KTVU.

They wouldn't disclose details about what evidence they've found.

The sniper reportedly has been firing a pellet or BB gun at vehicles in the dark. No one has been hurt or killed in the attacks.

"They've established a pattern," said Officer Miguel Andrade. "If you can catch them during the act and if somebody calls right when it happens and we see something because we are in the area, I think we'll be able to catch him."

The number of incidents now stands at 45 since the middle of March. More motorists have been coming forward to report that they have been shot at, police said.

Andrade said some shots have been fired from open spaces and parking lots along I-680. The Highway Patrol has increased its police presence in the area with both uniformed and undercover officers, KTVU reported.

About 15 of the shootings have taken place in the past three weeks, according to KTVU. A silver Range Rover was among five vehicles hit last Saturday night with a BB gun. The pellets shattered the passenger window, but the three people inside escaped unharmed, the station said.

Click here for more on this story from KTVU.com.

The news media is way off base. A sniper uses a rifle not a kid's toy...what a sad world we live in.

I would say they are right on with the term sniper and when they catch him I think that he should be charged with attempted murder. A BB gun shot at a vehicle going 70 mph can be fatal. I exepect that if they catch him it will be a kid with an attitude just like yours that it is only aBB gun.

Several years ago we had some kids throwing rocks off of an overpass on I-95. One rock hit a lady's car, went through the windshield and hit her in the face. She was on the way to her mother's funeral and so they buried her right next to her mother a few days later. A BB gun is not a kid's toy and anyone that thinks like theat needs to have their rights to carry a gun removed.

I agree this kid should be punished and punished good. I also think however calling it a sniper incident was off base but then what can you expect from the news media when they do not even know the difference from an assault rifle and a semi auto.

MY COMMENTS WERE TO THE MYSNOMER not the crime

I would say they are right on with the term sniper and when they catch him I think that he should be charged with attempted murder. A BB gun shot at a vehicle going 70 mph can be fatal. I exepect that if they catch him it will be a kid with an attitude just like yours that it is only aBB gun.

Several years ago we had some kids throwing rocks off of an overpass on I-95. One rock hit a lady's car, went through the windshield and hit her in the face. She was on the way to her mother's funeral and so they buried her right next to her mother a few days later. A BB gun is not a kid's toy and anyone that thinks like theat needs to have their rights to carry a gun removed.

Ant thing colliding with a vehicle can be deadly. That is not the point. A bb gun is not a firearm. This kid "if it is a kid" should be sent to a mental hospital and then to jail. As for the thinking a bb gun is not a kids toy, let me be clear...the picture that came to mind was ralphie from "a Christmas Story" and "you'll shoot your eye out!"

Maybe you should look to see what the intent is before blowing off steam.

Mind if I toss my two cents in. if I am not mistaken, any BB/Pellet gun/pistol pump or Co2 has a warning stamped on it. "Warning may cause injury or death" That does not sound like a kid's toy to me. Kids under 18 have to use them with an adult in Massachusetts I believe, not sure about Cali.

The definition of a sniper is "someone who shoots from a hidden position". When the term is applied to the firearm it is incorrect since any gun can be used as a sniper weapon. It's the action not the weapon that makes the event a sniper action. Did this individual shoot from a hidden location? Yes. It doesn't matter that the weapon used is a pellet gun. Under the circumstances it is a dangerous situation and he needs to be punished. If calling it a sniper action gets him more time, so be it.

Sniper or not is a moot point now as the police are moving in after they found empty shell casings from the bb gun at the site of the last shooting.

Sniper or not is a moot point now as the police are moving in after they found empty shell casings from the bb gun at the site of the last shooting.

If this is sarcasm and I am just slow, then forive me, but how do you find casings from a BB gun?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back