California Assault Weapons Ban

Liberated Brit

Hi folks,

Although I don't spend much time on here I do sympathize with Californian gun owners (despite not residing in that state). I am a foreign national who CCW & OC.

You had one of the finest of the states and it's a shame it's at a low-ebb these days.

Anyway, just a few weeks ago I got a message on my Youtube account from a young Californian man.

He'd traveled in his car with his sidearm in a glovebox. Innocently he thought this was ok doing that.
Unfortunately he was pulled over during a routine traffic stop and his car was searched.

Well the long story short is they found the gun, charged him with not transporting it correctly and confiscated it pending court appearance.

He told me all this having been watched my Cali Gun Law video (a shame he had not seen it prior to being pulled over but nevermind).

With this in mind I decided to get another video made in the hope that he and others will at least know about the AWB restrictions.

Sorry for the ramble, here's the video.

Incidentally the youth says he's been told he'll get his pistol back BUT will be getting hit with a misdemenour sentence (he's pleading guilty). This occurred in central Cali. I believe.

Unfortunately he was in Kalifornia. However I have to wonder why they were able to do a legal search of the vehicle. Secondarily, what's the connection between the "assault weapons ban" and his handgun?

Unfortunately he was in Kalifornia. However I have to wonder why they were able to do a legal search of the vehicle. Secondarily, what's the connection between the "assault weapons ban" and his handgun?

The story of what he told me spurred me into making the video. :)

According to him, he was pulled over during a traffic stop which started the ball rolling.

Hopefully the more people know of these laws etc, the less chance there will be of people falling afoul of them. :)

Being pulled over isn't an excuse for a search of the vehicle. I would not consent to a search. It seems like he ran a foul of the handgun laws rather than the "assault weapons" law.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using USA Carry mobile app

Not knowing the law is not excuse. One may not agree but it is what it is

If I am pulled over I get out of the car and move to the trunk area. I don't give any room for an excuse to search.

Being pulled over isn't an excuse for a search of the vehicle. I would not consent to a search. It seems like he ran a foul of the handgun laws rather than the "assault weapons" law.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using USA Carry mobile app

Some people don't want to, or don't know how to talk to the police, especially some young 20 year olds.

Yes the 'assault weapon' video followed the actual gun law video I made, but his arrest and chargement spurred my making it. :)

I'm from California, born in L.A., raised in the South Bay.

We have occasional 'safety' stops which are illegal in nature but are executed, anyway.

On one occasions, I saw that traffic in Santa Monica, headed west on Colorado, just past Lincoln Blvd, was being stopped. I pulled over to watch and saw that every person who was asked to show their ID and did was then asked to open the trunk of their car.

Any one who rolled down their window and complained was told to pull back into traffic and take off.

They were obviously testing the system to see how much resistance they would encounter when they stopped cars in this manner.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back