Cal good cause

lessary

I live in Riverside county and would love to know if there is a statement of good cause. I sometimes work late at night in not so good neighborhoods and I travel some fairly deserted roads out in the open desert where cell service isn't available. My home backs up to another cities juristriction. The apartment building has gone to section-8 housing and the sheriff's dept find plenty of felons they are looking for. That is more or less my good cause. I don't think that will work in my county. Any ideas on what is "good cause" would be greatly appreciated and what others have used succsefully would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Lessary, I feel for you. :cray:
I grew up in CA, and moved to CO about 15 years ago. I never realized that the rest of the country was not so prohibitive when it came to gun laws. I had never even considered getting my CCW until after the '08 election. I figured I had to show cause. Thank God I had moved to a Shall Issue state, and since I am a "good girl" :girl_wink:I can get my CCW just 'cause I want to.
I used to judge places to live by employment opportunities and overall pleasant place to live. Now that I have realized my 2A rights and enjoy shooting sports, I judge places by their gun laws. I guess i won't be going back to Komifornia.:wacko:
Fondis

Not that my situation would be a "good cause" by the standards you're being judged by.. but I used to have what I would consider a good cause.

I used to run a business that went to conventions selling goods and services. By the end of the convention dealer's den closing each day, I could have several hundreds bucks in cash on me. Other dealers who did very well could easily have several thousand in cash on hand. I would go with a friend to a nearby bank and deposit the money. Anyone wanting to rob one of the dealers would have their choice of over100 cash laden people to choose from. Fortunately, I've never heard of any dealer being mugged or robbed. That doesn't mean that the risk isn't there.

Think creatively and hopefully you'll find a "good cause" in your own situation.

I live in Riverside county and would love to know if there is a statement of good cause. I sometimes work late at night in not so good neighborhoods and I travel some fairly deserted roads out in the open desert where cell service isn't available. My home backs up to another cities juristriction. The apartment building has gone to section-8 housing and the sheriff's dept find plenty of felons they are looking for. That is more or less my good cause. I don't think that will work in my county. Any ideas on what is "good cause" would be greatly appreciated and what others have used succsefully would be great.

Thanks in advance.

I am member of the CALCCW.com forum. You need to stop by and read posts from other Riverside County members. They can give you some in-site that will help. I am rimrider on calccw. Hope to see you there. :biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back