Cabela's

Icemanii

After all this time, and passing the exit in Saginaw for Cabela's going to see what all the hoopla is about this weekend. Heading to Saginaw with the better half and actually planning on stopping into the store.

Anyone been to this Cabela's? Curious how it will stack up against Jay's in Clare or even Bass Pro.

I work at gander mountain and I still shop at cabelas because of prices and variety. They may not be a small reloading shop but they carry a wide selection, same with all departments sporting tactical, muzzleloading, etc. their ammo prices are hard to beat. Most of the staff is nice and helpful too. I will be a customer for life.

Gander needs to change their ammo prices to match them. Being 20-30% higher on everything isn't ok. Other that that they are a good store too and seem to have better experts in their departments

I've been to that store, not terribly impressed. It has some decent stuff, but as far as comparing to bass pro or jay's, not even in the same league. This is a small outpost store, not the big cabelas like in dundee. Firearm selection is OK, some reloading stuff, but after they moved in, the changes made at gander mountain in saginaw blow this cabelas out of the water. The new firearms counter in gander mountain rivals anything I've seen in this state.

I've been to that store, not terribly impressed. It has some decent stuff, but as far as comparing to bass pro or jay's, not even in the same league. This is a small outpost store, not the big cabelas like in dundee. Firearm selection is OK, some reloading stuff, but after they moved in, the changes made at gander mountain in saginaw blow this cabelas out of the water. The new firearms counter in gander mountain rivals anything I've seen in this state.

Most likely check out Gander while there, think it is the same exit if I remember correctly. I do like Jays, not only a great store, but excellent staff as well.

Yep, same exit, gander is actually the first store you'll run into on the north side of the road.

Cabela's is the holy grail of outdoors gear. The big difference I see is in the apparel area; Bass Pro has lower prices but Cabela's has better quality.

Cabela's is the holy grail of outdoors gear. The big difference I see is in the apparel area; Bass Pro has lower prices but Cabela's has better quality.

Well, I will check out the Cabela's in Dundee, but the one in Saginaw didn't knock my socks off. It gave me the impression of more of a clothing outlet than a hunting store. Docbas, you were correct, Gander Mtn had an impressive setup up as far as firearms go.
All told though, if I was up that far, would still go to Jay's in Claire. Like their selection, like their layout and the staff.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back