Being a newbie to this site, I searched and could not find any info on this subject that is not confusing as hell....
Being a CA Resident with a FL CCW is allowed to carry in NV now, correct???
Yes. Here's the Link Removed
and NRS 202.3688
. If you become Nevada resident, you have 60 days to get a NV CFP.
Residency typically being defined as the State;
- That issued your drivers license
- That issued your vehicle license pates
- You are registered to vote in
- Where you have a declaration of homestead
r there any good tips or DOs N DONTs while carrying in NV? Other then the typical dont carry on school grounds, Police Depts, Courts, Airport, ect ect?
The prohibited areas are as follows per NRS 202.265
- K-12 schools, colleges, universities, trade schools and licensed child care facilities. This includes the parking lots and the real estate the facility is on.
- Public airports.
- "Public buildings" that are posted or have a metal detector. "Public buildings" are buildings owned or portion leased by the local, State or federal government.
Warning, some casinos have on site child care facilities; Station Casinos, Palms and I believe a couple of others. MGM Grand allegedly has a child care facility for employees however unless you work there you're not going to know about it.
I have not gotten confirmation from the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs Association on seen an AG opinion on accommodation facilities so you run the risk of being a test case should you get made there under the letter of the law.
Warning about the Stratosphere Tower, they do have a metal detector to ride the elevator to the top and prohibit CCW for everyone except their security and on-duty LEOs.
Do not open carry on the Strip unless you have a real badge or are in a uniform, you will be greeted by Las Vegas finest.
Other than that, have fun and be sure to spend lots of money so you can keep our property and sales taxes down.