CA CCW reciprocity bill introduced

Quiet

I posted this in the CA forum, but since it could effect all states, thought I post here as well.

AB 1167 Assembly Bill - INTRODUCED

MEASURE : A.B. No. 1167
AUTHOR(S) : Nielsen.
TOPIC : Firearms: concealed firearm licenses: reciprocity.
HOUSE LOCATION : ASM

TYPE OF BILL :
Active
Non-Urgency
Non-Appropriations
Majority Vote Required
Non-State-Mandated Local Program
Fiscal
Non-Tax Levy

LAST HIST. ACT. DATE: 03/26/2009
LAST HIST. ACTION : Referred to Com. on PUB. S.

TITLE : An act to add Section 12058 to the Penal Code, relating to firearms.

SECTION 1. Section 12058 is added to the Penal Code, to read:
(a) Persons holding a valid permit or license to carry a concealed handgun from any state or a political subdivision of a state shall be deemed a licensee under subparagraph (A) of paragraph (1) of subdivision (a) of Section 12050.
(b) The Department of Justice shall enter into reciprocity agreements with all other states that have the legal authority to enter into those agreements so that licensees under Section 12050 may carry firearms in those states pursuant to the conditions imposed by Section 12050. The department shall each month maintain and publish a list of those states with which this state has established reciprocity.

Question?? I live in Michigan. I have a CPL. I am traveling through Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina and staying in South Carolina. I am making sure I can carry in all those states. Can someone confirm that the reciprocity map is accurate and I am using it correctly??

Carryall,

You're good in all those states. I envy you Michigan permit holders... you guys can carry in more states than I can, and I've got multiple permits...

:to_pick_ones_nose:

That would be nice. There are areas of CA that I would like to visit it it ever happens. I will be surprised if it happens.

Carryall if you are using I-81 on your trip south you will go thru about 10 miles of Maryland where you must lock up your gun and ammo.

Carryall if you are using I-81 on your trip south you will go thru about 10 miles of Maryland where you must lock up your gun and ammo.

Ahhhh yes....the freedom hating state of MD. I avoid every chance I get for a variety of reasons.:triniti:...and about 15 other states. :biggrin:

That would be quite a round-about way to get from MI to SC.

But, back on topic...
Add to that- A.B. 357, which would make CA a shall issue state.

I never thought I'd live to see the day. (Realistically, I probably won't, but Obama promised "HOPE', right?)

Hehehehe...hope ..yeah...hope.

Hey...at least Pelosi and 60 other democrats told that tyrant Eric Holder to hold off on sending anymore "gun laws" up for the congress to pass. They told him to enforce the law on the books now.

But no doubt they are playing both ends against the middle. Typical politicians.

They'll vote for 10 anti-ammo laws, but tell the voters they are pro-2A.

The only chance this bill would have is if the gun was required to be unloaded and there be no ammo on your person. Then it might get considered. It would be nice though for those trips I do make there.

Question?? I live in Michigan. I have a CPL. I am traveling through Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina and staying in South Carolina. I am making sure I can carry in all those states. Can someone confirm that the reciprocity map is accurate and I am using it correctly??

you're good.. I do the same sometimes to SC.

It's a start but I doubt it will get passed. If it gets approved does that mean we can only use "California Approved Firearms?" I don't know about you but I like being able to carry whatever handgun I please.

Hearing canceled at request of bill author

CURRENT BILL STATUS

TYPE OF BILL :
Active
Non-Urgency
Non-Appropriations
Majority Vote Required
Fiscal
Non-Tax Levy

LAST HIST. ACT. DATE: 04/21/2009
LAST HIST. ACTION : In committee: Set, first hearing. Hearing canceled at
the request of author. :hang2:
COMM. LOCATION : ASM PUBLIC SAFETY

TITLE : An act to add Section 12058 to the Penal Code, relating
to firearms.

CURRENT BILL STATUS

TYPE OF BILL :
Active
Non-Urgency
Non-Appropriations
Majority Vote Required
Fiscal
Non-Tax Levy

LAST HIST. ACT. DATE: 04/21/2009
LAST HIST. ACTION : In committee: Set, first hearing. Hearing canceled at
the request of author. :hang2:
COMM. LOCATION : ASM PUBLIC SAFETY

TITLE : An act to add Section 12058 to the Penal Code, relating
to firearms.

No surprise here!!:no:

Californication doesn't have enough money to hire one person to process the applications. If..the bill passed...and they hired that one person...and you got it approved...you would still wait 3-4 years to get it.:pleasantry:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back