Bye, all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link Removed

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!:biggrin:

Hope I never get so mad that I don't take time to look for something a bit more user friendly than a cactus to grab.:sarcastic:

Ok, let's try this again. Wooddoctor is probably right in that I put Luke on the defensive with this thread, and probably should have spared you all the "drama".

As I explained to Luke, I have made many friends on this site, thanks to him, and my post was intended to sound something along the lines of "Ok, I'm catching a lot of flak from site admins, so I should probably cool my jets for awhile", instead of just disappearing from the site.

For the record, the post in question was meant in a general, SHTF sense. However, it was in poor taste, Luke was correct in how he handled it, and I apologize to him and Cocked & Locked. As I explained to Luke, I am one of the most peace-loving guys I know and have actively interceded to prevent violence on a number of occasions. I am forceful in my opinions, however.

Finally, I'm an older guy, new to this web-posting jazz, and am taken aback frequently with how people address one another thru the Net. I was raised to be respectful by my Dad (it was "yes sir", "no sir", and a swat to the back of your head if you didin't) and have spent a number of years in MC's where respect is the order of the day. Not an excuse for me losing my temper, just an explanation. I guess I'll have to get used to this internet personal exchange protocol, where respect is not always at the forefront.

Again, sorry for dragging out this little drama (even yet).

As I said, it's a great site, and I intend to continue supporting it.

Listen, it has nothing to do with fitting any kind of mold and no one is pulling any strings but me. When I get constant complaints that just waste my time, its pretty aggravating. Some of you just get so bent out of shape you post things that are against my site rules. Telling someone they can't wait to meet them and their puke friend could be looked at as a threat. So I deleted the message and sent a warning not to post things like that. You think THAT is too harsh? Did I ban him, no? I asked not to post things like that. JJFlash is a site supporter and I hate to see someone leave just because I asked him not to post something that could be taken as a threat.

Remember, this is just an internet forum. If you are getting so bend out of shape over what someone else POSTED maybe you need to step away and take a break from the computer.

Keep in mind that many of our posts are readily found via search engines like "Google". Having questionable stuff floating around on the internet could have a negative impact on our efforts to further the 2A cause. Our postings are not "private", so it would be very easy for folks to quote us and possibly use it against us by spinning it to fit their needs.

I refrain from posting in many threads as my comments would be counter productive and may be on the edge of violating forum rules. As much as possible, I PM folks for clarification when necessary, but not everyone is willing to do this.

Sometimes I find it refreshing to take a few days and go "off grid", not checking voicemails on my cell phone or even booting up the computer. It's very relaxing for me, and is something I found that works for me. How you choose to respond is up to you, but keep in mind that there may be consequences. It's important to proof read your posts and consider how others may interpret them BEFORE hitting the "send" button.

Taking a break for a few days may be all that's needed to gather your thoughts and come up with a well thought out response.

gf

Ok, let's try this again.

Finally, I'm an older guy, new to this web-posting jazz, and am taken aback frequently with how people address one another thru the Net. I was raised to be respectful by my Dad (it was "yes sir", "no sir", and a swat to the back of your head if you didin't) and have spent a number of years in MC's where respect is the order of the day. Not an excuse for me losing my temper, just an explanation. I guess I'll have to get used to this internet personal exchange protocol, where respect is not always at the forefront.

Again, sorry for dragging out this little drama (even yet).

As I said, it's a great site, and I intend to continue supporting it.

Well Flash, as you know I'm politically incorrect. Like you, I call a spade a spade, if the shoe fits, wear it. I was raised to be respectful just like you. However, I was taught to give that respect only if that respect were due. We've had to deal with punks all our lives, a lot of them were drunks who got their guts out of a bottle and were in our face literally. The difference today is that the punks are hiding behind a computer in the safety of their homes, spewing their hatred and exposing their ignorance. The new America Flash, and they wonder why it's all going to hell. I agree it's a great site, and lukem is fair. On a strictly personal level, I agree with what you said about the punks, just to bad it went against protocol the way you said it.

jpu108.jpg

Enough said..:sarcastic:

Look what happen to the iceman, he did not fit into the mainstream mold on this forum so they took him out. Just like the NRA the old double standard. Tell me where it says anywhere that you have a right not to be offended. I still beleive there are a few here that are puling the strings aqnd poor Luke looks like the bad guy and when you offend the wrong person old luke gets the pressure.

I agree completely! Iceman did not fit into the mold of being respectful and having cordial exchages with fellow members of the site.

I suppose a bunch of us here on the site need to develop a bit more tolerance for such arrogance and disrespect and expand the form of the mold to include these antagonizers.

I agree completely! Iceman did not fit into the mold of being respectful and having cordial exchages with fellow members of the site.

I suppose a bunch of us here on the site need to develop a bit more tolerance for such arrogance and disrespect and expand the form of the mold to include these antagonizers.

Or just add them to the ignore list and go on.

OK, I took some time...

I took the time to read all of the posts in this thread and feel I should say something. I follow some of the threads and post only when I feel the need. I have never seen JJ post anything that riled me. Now the "other" Iceman, I would just not post and move on to some more cordial topic that fit me. I for one, feel that Luke is doing a great job and I don't envy his position or title for one moment. As far as "trolls", I look at number of posts and generally that tells me that a person maybe new and not understanding what we are about.
I wish we could all play well together, but, alas: we all were not raised the same...

Whoa, whoa, whoa...I'm not hassling with Lukem about this. I don't suffer fools easily and I find web posting to be pretty frustrating in that people "talk" to you in ways they would NEVER do in person. I try to deal with everyone as I would in person (and believe me when I say I have been "educated" for showing severe disrespect). Admittedly, my temper gets the better of me, sometimes.

It's a great site. Maybe I just need some time off.

That is one of the problems with society now. We have ways of communicating other than face-to-face. Tends to make people behave in a way that does not truly reflect the person they REALLY are. I have a really hot temper sometimes, about certain issues, and feel like getting mean or sh_ _ _y with people, but I do like Lukem said, I walk away for a while. I never seemed to have any REAL issues with anyone, even Iceman or Gov5, even though I am positive we have gotten on each others nerves at times. Troll or not, we all have something to say, and we also have the OFF button. Hate to see you go, liked reading some of your posts.

Folks who post here, in most instances, don't know each other on a personal level...have never met and have no idea what "life experiences" the other has had to endure. Written posts do not allow us to "read" voice inflections or facial expressions. While there ARE some who choose to verbally attack forum members and their posts, we MUST put this into perspective and realize that they are but strangers to us...their negative opinions of us DO NOT affect our lives in any way...trolls love to drag us into confrontational debate and we should never give them that kind of power over us. Bottom line: it matters NOT what strangers think of us...it only matters how God, family and friends view our actions and opinions.

So...we all need to learn how to accentuate the positive (our deeply held convictions and loving concern for the U.S.A.) and eliminate the negative (ignore posts that we may perceive to be personal attacks on "the positive") and all will be well at USACarry!

Just a little advice from "Mom". And I pledge to do my best to take my own advice!! :biggrin:

This is really a serious inquiry. I have missed a lot of posts, mainly due to my very busy work schedule. My time to spend on the computer is limited by a variety of factors. I do really enjoy this site and seeing different perspectives on 2nd amendment issues mostly, but also other topics. My question: Could someone please tell me why THEICEMANMPLS was banned. I must have missed some important thing, and would really like to know. Most of the posts over the months that I have read by him gave me the impression that he was quite intelligent, and had much to add. He must have posted something that was real offensive, but I truly do not know what. Anyone care to enlighten me?

This is really a serious inquiry. I have missed a lot of posts, mainly due to my very busy work schedule. My time to spend on the computer is limited by a variety of factors. I do really enjoy this site and seeing different perspectives on 2nd amendment issues mostly, but also other topics. My question: Could someone please tell me why THEICEMANMPLS was banned. I must have missed some important thing, and would really like to know. Most of the posts over the months that I have read by him gave me the impression that he was quite intelligent, and had much to add. He must have posted something that was real offensive, but I truly do not know what. Anyone care to enlighten me?

I don't remember exactly but he did something that was against the site rules, prob. flaming and name calling but again I don't remember. I do not just ban people because I feel like it. I sent warnings and then if things don't stop I ban. And there hasn't been that many.

I generally troll forums of other topics as a hobby of mine. Scientology, racist, extremist, feminist, and relationship websites have fallen victim to me. Extremists are always the easiest kinds of people to troll. They feel so passionate about a specific topic that they feel an emotional attachment to it. Anything that even hints of opposing that view is met with extreme opposition. I have decided to quit trolling this forum because it's like kicking a three-legged dog. It's just way too easy. It actually takes the enjoyment out of the process. I encourage all of you to understand that you should take what you read on the Internet with a grain of salt. There are those of us who prowl on the Internet in search of stirring up controversy for our own entertainment. You would be wise to remain emotionally detached from a website comprising of nothing more than text. If you allow even the most subtle of words to affect you, how can you possibly prosper in a live debate against those who would love nothing more than Constitutional rights taken away from us?

For more information on the art of trolling, a quick Google search would reveal all. I feel it would be against site rules for me to link specific sources, but anyone interested can PM me for specific sources regarding this Internet phenomenon.

Anyway, it was happy trolling, and you guys are fun to play with. I look forward to more discussions with you all about taboo and sensitive subjects.

I don't remember exactly but he did something that was against the site rules, prob. flaming and name calling but again I don't remember. I do not just ban people because I feel like it. I sent warnings and then if things don't stop I ban. And there hasn't been that many.
Hello everyone.
To set the record straight Luke. I was never warned.
Before I was banned, I said something to the effect of "why don't we get rid of the ultra religious, and conspiracy talk, and this would be a better site.

IMO, I disagreed with the the conspiracy theorists, and the ultra religious members to often. "They wined to the site admin. He was tired of dealing with their complaints. So the easy thing to do was to get rid of me.

I always said this is a great site, and still think that.

If, I offended anyone while I was here, please don't take it personal. I was addressing the topic, not the person.

JJ, IMO, you are a real man. We had a difference of opinion, and we settled it like men.

Some of you need to look up to JJ.

To those of you who sent me emails of support, thank you. For those of you who wrote bad things about me, you are forgiven.

Take care all.

Sincerly,
THEICEMANMPLS
:pleasantry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members