Businesses Which Allow Employees to Carry

gundaddypv

Are there any? Besides gun shops, that is.

i carry at work. boss even paid for a small, wall mounted, gun safe that i installed. we're a small business in IT and he is a former LEO, so that may have a lot to do w/ it.

I hadn't thought of the simple difference between private business and public-owned business. No corporate policies. Just another reason to shop at small businesses.

Concealed carry or possession is not addressed in my company's employee handbook, I am an investing partner in my branch, and I'm ok with it. Sooo...until I get a memo, that's all I'm going to say.

BTW, though not a common occurence, a few times a year a customer or coworker will come in with his/her latest acquisition, walk into my office or the salesman area and uncase a gun at any time of the day. In the last couple of months we've had on the table my carry pistol, one guy's AR15, a couple of hunting shotguns, and most recently my own WRAC Model 1887 10ga repeating shotgun.

One day maybe a year ago a good customer and friend walked into my office, pulled an XDS out of its concealed holster, shucked the mag and round from the chamber onto my desk and handed me the gun. He was pretty proud of it, we got a laugh and wasted half an hour bs'ing. I'd trust the man with my life; if it had been anyone else besides a few co-workers I'd have gotten a little nervous at the boldness.

Are there any? Besides gun shops, that is.

I'm a teacher and apparently in my neck of the woods, kids are not considered important to society so we remain a GFZ aka, lambs for the slaughter zone. I am not allowed to protect them from a real potential threat. However, we still have fire drills every month even though no students in America have been killed by fire in schools in the last 50 years.

At my law firm, there are a number of us who carry. I am also a CHL instructor, and I trained most of them!

There's armed security and armored car companies that require you to be armed. I did know of a computer repair store that had a employee walk around the store in open carry.
I don't think they ever got robbed. Your small businesses may. Large companies are too afraid of law suits. The same with shopping malls. That's why you always see unarmed security officers. Lawsuits ! It's not the property owners fault if a mad gunman comes into a mall and shoots people. If a armed security officer fires a round that hits the wrong person, then that's their fault. That's what companies care about. Not getting sued, they don't care about protecting your life. They want to rely on the Police for that. If a cop hits the wrong person, it's not the mall owners fault, it's the police departments.

No, it is NOT "on the police"...

The US Supreme Court (and Federal Courts at all levels) have repeatedly ruled - for more than 40 years - that Police Officers are immune from consequences for their failure to protect Citizens, regardless of the circumstances.

Neither a public entity nor a public employee is liable for failure to provide police protection service or, if police protection service is provided, for failure to provide sufficient police protection service.

Neither a public entity nor a public employee is liable for injury caused by the failure to make an arrest or by the failure to retain an arrested person in custody.

When I get my business up and running I will encourage carry.

I work for too large of a company. They have a life insurance policy on me. They cannot tell me I can carry, or they might run into legal problems (read paying out a lot of money) if I do something stupid... but if I die from not being able to defend myself, then they take the life insurance money and spend it hiring a new person to replace me.

Sadly this is how most business is in the US... its all about money. Most large companies would rather their employees die in a self defense situation, than take a chance in letting them carry a firearm.

I work for one of the largest retailers in the country. They have a no carry policy. It is in our hand book under safety. I find it amusing because we also have what is called an active shooter policy. If a gunman comes into our office we should do one of three things. If it is safe to run, run. If it is safe to hide, hide. If you can't do either of those do this, and I quote, "find items to throw at the gunman". Real safe. Lol.

yeah same here... run, or hide, but if you cannot do either, they say to acquire makeshift weapons and fight as a last resort... throw things or hit or whatever it takes... pretty stupid. Guy comes in killing people with an AR-15 and i can't shoot back, but no worries.. I have a stapler and will just hit him in the head with it... piece of cake!

Something needs to be pointed out here. There are several big businesses that do not allow or support the right to carry. There are several of these that are franchised out and the franchise owner is allowed to make that decision. I own a small business that is a franchise and I know that the main company is not very keen on the second amendment but I know several franchisees that are. Don't throw a business under the bus too quick. Do your research and make sure that the franchisee doesn't take a hit because of the name brand.

I allow my customers to carry if they choose. We'll kind of. The employees need to keep it in their cars. I can't have them running around in a uniform with a gun from their side.

Something needs to be pointed out here. There are several big businesses that do not allow or support the right to carry. There are several of these that are franchised out and the franchise owner is allowed to make that decision. I own a small business that is a franchise and I know that the main company is not very keen on the second amendment but I know several franchisees that are. Don't throw a business under the bus too quick. Do your research and make sure that the franchisee doesn't take a hit because of the name brand.

I allow my customers to carry if they choose. We'll kind of. The employees need to keep it in their cars. I can't have them running around in a uniform with a gun from their side.

Wait, what? Customers can "kind of" carry? And did you mean "well" rather than "we'll" (or was it supposed to be we will kind of carry--maybe some of us will carry?)? And what's wrong with employees having a gun in uniform? Why not let them carry it concealed? I'm guessing you meant "...with a gun at their side." Otherwise it sounds like the gun is running away from the employees in uniform, which would be an impossible but understandable reason why they couldn't carry it.

Yes, I'm a grammar nazi. No, I'm not trying to insult you or deliberately misunderstand. I genuinely have no idea what you just typed. I'm a grammar nazi to the point that if grammar gets mixed up (understandable sometimes) I get exceptionally confused.

First paragraph: If you are a franchise, you have paid the larger corporation for your ability to run a business under their name. Therefore, if we support you we have supported the larger corporation. Your point is moot.

Second paragraph: How dare you allow your customers to be able to defend and protect themselves but disallow your employees to do the same.

Big question... if the customers are allowed to carry, but the employees are not, do you carry at your place of business? If not, you are a fool, if you do, you are a hypocrite.

I have always carried at my work. First time the owner (this is a small business) found out about me carrying was when I pulled a gun on one of our customers (he deserved it).... My boss has no problem with any of his employees carrying, even though he doesnt even own a firearm.

Can Carry at my job

I allow my employees to Carry at work, as long as it's concealed, and they have a permit for it. I own a Pizza Man in Minnesota, and we CAN open carry with a permit, but I don't allow that. I only allow concealed. Customers would probably freak out seeing guns.

I also own a website selling holsters, and I allow my employees to carry there, since it's mostly only me :D. Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back