Businesses That Prohibit Guns or Have No Gun Policies

opsspec1991

Businesses That Prohibit Guns or Have No Gun Policies
These companies have published a policy. That doesn't mean they have posted a sign at each location or that they can legally prohibit you from carrying at their locations. Please consult with a local attorney about your local laws and dealing with places that prohibit or restrict your second amendment rights.
The core purpose of this list is NOT to inform you where you can or can't carry. The point is to recommend you “vote with your wallet” by not supporting companies that inherently don't wish to support your right to carry.
Read More: https://www.concealedcarry.com/law/businesses-that-prohibit-guns-or-have-no-gun-policies/
My Thoughts:
If they don't want my gun, then they don't want me. This is a list for criminals of businesses to rob, so I’m going to stay away from them.

Interesting list - I've open carried in a lot of those on the list with no issues at all:
Outback Steakhouse
Bonefish Grill
Pizza Hut
Buffalo Wild Wings (lots of times)
Safeway

Interesting list - I've open carried in a lot of those on the list with no issues at all:
Outback Steakhouse
Bonefish Grill
Pizza Hut
Buffalo Wild Wings (lots of times)
Safeway
Glad they have a list and don't know if they have signs but I've been in and out of most of them and never thought about seeking permission. Concealed is concealed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

Funny, I have carried concealed into many of those places. Of course, in Texas, a store's "policy" isn't enough to prevent carrying there. They must have appropriate signage posted.

Funny, I have carried concealed into many of those places. Of course, in Texas, a store's "policy" isn't enough to prevent carrying there. They must have appropriate signage posted.

The same is true in most states.

Our local mall, for example, is posted, but not anywhere near the movie theater entrance. Only once have I ever been stopped and asked if I was carrying. I did not answer directly. Instead, I simply said, "I'd rather not see a repeat of Aurora." He looked at me and asked, "Military?" I nodded and said, "Twenty years and retired." He said, "Thank you for your service - enjoy the show!"

Our local mall, for example, is posted, but not anywhere near the movie theater entrance. Only once have I ever been stopped and asked if I was carrying. I did not answer directly. Instead, I simply said, "I'd rather not see a repeat of Aurora." He looked at me and asked, "Military?" I nodded and said, "Twenty years and retired." He said, "Thank you for your service - enjoy the show!"
I've never been "made" in terms of CC (that I know of) and try hard to not print but it's not always possible. I wear cargo shorts and long shirts much of the summer and pocket carry my EDC about 90% of the time during the hotter months. I holster up for cooler occasions where more appropriate attire would be called for.

A fellow club member who's a physician gave me great advice for any situation where anyone asked me (outside of posted areas) if I were carrying a firearm in my pocket. He said to look at them square in the eye and tell them it's a medical device. That's all. He said it's a no brainer that any person with a measurable IQ would just stammer and say sorry. I've never had to answer that question myself but the idea that a curious person (teenagers, the inebriated, dimwits...[emoji41]) might ask you is within the realm of possibility. Keeping things low-key with a hard to question response seems really smart.

In a posted area or establishment it just seems prudent to leave if asked by an employee or owner. Say thanks and walk away I'd say. Never had that happen either.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

Cool story bro.

Who asked you if you were carrying and what was his/her legal authority to do so

Makes sense. Medical devices save lives. :dirol:
I wouldn't use the term 'Medical Device'. Instead I'd say, That's my 'PDA'! Which normally translates as 'Personal Digital Assistant'. (Except to me 'PDA' means 'Personal Defense Artifact'.) 😁

By the way, I've repeatedly CC'd in many of the businesses on that list. Who cares? If management were to say anything to me, I'd either leave immediately (and probably never go back), or I'd simply get up and walk out without paying the bill.

(One of the best ways I know to effectively lose business in Pennsylvania is to put up a 'no firearms on premises' sign. When a local mall tried that, several years ago, ALL of the signs were taken down within the first 6 months, and have never reappeared again.)

Buffalo Wings and Pizza Hut (aka, 'Wing Street') should actually welcome everybody's business because, after all, they serve really second rate fare!

Bonefish Grill has got to be a joke because their food is way, way overpriced, and they serve some of the smallest portions in the restaurant business! In fact, Bonefish reminds me of the old Howard Johnson's restaurants that used to weigh everything on the plate BEFORE they served the plate to you!

Way back when I was a kid I actually knew Howard Johnson. We met on several different occasions, and used to sit and talk together on the cliffs above my old swimming hole while Mr. Johnson painted scenes of that incredibly beautiful spot. He was a very decent landscape painter, too!

I got to know him rather well; and, sometimes, I'd help him carry his painting supplies back up the long trail to his car. In return (and, especially, because it wasn't out of his way) he'd drive me the several miles, home. In particular, I remember the antique Packard automobile he used to drive. At that time (the mid 1950's) it was more than 25 years old, in perfect mechanical condition, and absolutely immaculate. Like the food his restaurants served, the man didn't waste a dime!

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back