Bushmaster AR15 Pistol??

CapGun

Anyone have any experience with or knowledge about this gun? Even anecdotal. Any info at all would be helpful.

Thanks all.

I've fired one a little. I didn't like the buffer tube sticking out the back of the firearm. I went with a Kel-Tec PLR16. A fun little gun...

Hpim0936.jpg

Hpim0930.jpg

Hey Redhat > > Don't you have a show on TV "Pimp my Pistol"! Very nice. I was at a gunshop/range today and he had one for sale. Didn't know about so I came home and posted here and googled it. Think I will wait and save that $800 and put it towards an AR in handgun caliber if one ever comes available! You did the KT up very nice.

I agree Mr Vegas. Let pistols be pistols, and rifles be rifles.
I suppose in certain situations, a very compact weapon in a high velocity rifle round would be ideal. For instance, shooting out of a vehicle at enemies with body armor. You would need a compact little gun to manuever inside the vehicle. But I would rather have an AR with a buttstock and decent sized BBL for everything else.

Nice pics, Red Hat! I particularly like the juxtaposition of the item against the doily! Very classy. :biggrin:

Thanks, Ektarr. I'm sorry CapGun that your thread got hijacked. Just to clarify a couple things, Mr. Vegas, that a Kel-Tec 223 pistol and it doesn't use an AR15 lower. It's all polymer designed for their SU series rifles. Plus you can't use an AR15 rifle lower for the AR pistol. Cooter, I understand what you said, however sometimes a firearm is just a fun gun to shoot and not feasible for for everyday use. Like I said above, it's A fun little gun!:biggrin:

Now back on CapGun's subject...:pleasantry:

EDIT: I meant to say CapGun's subject not Ektarr's. Sorry...

Thanks, Ektarr. I'm sorry CapGun that your thread got hijacked. Just to clarify a couple things, Mr. Vegas, that a Kel-Tec 223 pistol and it doesn't use an AR15 lower. It's all polymer designed for their SU series rifles. Plus you can't use an AR15 rifle lower for the AR pistol. Cooter, I understand what you said, however sometimes a firearm is just a fun gun to shoot and not feasible for for everyday use. Like I said above, it's A fun little gun!:biggrin:

Now back on Ektarr's subject...:pleasantry:

When I originally read Mr. Vegas' post, I thought he was talking about the Bushmaster AR15 pistol which is the actual topic of this thread. I got that impression because the same thought occured to me when I looked at an AR15 pistol.

I see what you're saying there, Red Hat. I'm all for having different and unusual guns to shoot. But in a practical sense, a full size AR would be a better choice in most situations, IMO.
But everybody between 18 and 80, should have a battle rifle, enough ammo, and the skills to use it, in case of foreign invasion or domestic war. So if one doesn't allready have a battle rifle, then AR pistols are not the way to go. On the other hand Capgun, if you are allready prepared, then why not get an AR pistol. :biggrin:

Don't mind or consider the thread Hijacked because I find on this site that everyone contributes something I can learn from!
Guess that since there are items that are hard to get and this Bushmaster was available I had considered it just because I know it would be one that would be on "The List". I do have a Stag Arms 1l. Haven't even shot it yet. By another post that may qualify me to be on my way to being a "gun nut".:wacko:
Cooter and Red Hat >> I think you have both summed it up correctly. "Have a fun gun to shoot" and "if prepared why not get an AR pistol. At this point I may still hold out for any "Black rifle" in a hand gun caliber.
Keep the comments coming.

Just to clarify a couple things, Mr. Vegas, that a Kel-Tec 223 pistol and it doesn't use an AR15 lower. It's all polymer designed for their SU series rifles. Plus you can't use an AR15 rifle lower for the AR pistol. .

My bad, I stand corrected. Does look like it would be fun to shoot....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back