Building a 1911

lsbbigdog

I'm interested in purchasing a frame and doing my own build up.Anybody have any idea if that is possible and or what the laws are on it? I search all over mas.gov and couldn't find anything.

I'm interested in purchasing a frame and doing my own build up.Anybody have any idea if that is possible and or what the laws are on it? I search all over mas.gov and couldn't find anything.
You are in a state with a lot of restrictions on firearms. Ask a dealer if they will accept one and transfer it to you.
If you can bring in a bare receiver I recommend looking here:

http://www.caspianarms.com/#

They are very good quality manufacturers.

Others also offer frames, parts, etc. Armscor sells their frames, Sarco usually has some. Do some searching for options, but parts are available. Also, you may have heard someone say you just assemble the parts and 1911s work...NOT so! Parts must be fitted carefully to build a safe pistol.

Building your own 1911 is a cool experience. I've done it in the past, but don't presently have one I built. Others do a better job than I can.
Enjoy the experience:icon_wink:

If you don't have the tools you will be looking at a lot of problems. Lug cutters and links etc. Trigger and sear jigs. They are fun to build and I used to build a lot of custom 1911's in the 80's before so many were available. But I had a gun smithing business and I paid about 2000 for all the equipment for 1911's. Drop in isn't a reality not on a firearm that you may be using to defend your self or your family with. Read a lot about it buy the equipment and then try one. Don't do it to save money. It doesn't work that way. Get a Taurus pt1911 if cost is the issue.

Look at the kits on Fusion Firearms. I've been emailing quite a few questions to them recently. I was told the only fitting necessary with the kits is the on the safeties, and that to complete the kit shouldn't be difficult to complete with basic tools. I can post the entire set of emails if you'd like.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back