bug out SOP

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
Our team has a selected rally point (RP) and at least three paths to the RP.

We have team members in two or more locations and will all check in at go time and again in two hours if not already at the RP.

If at two hours the team has not all met at the RP, checked in with progress or contacted team lead, Team lead will proceed to Primary Egress route of the overdue team members with an armed response if conditions merit it.

If team members cannot be located along the primary path, return trip to RP will be via secondary route unless it is unavailable. If unavailable, travel will be by tertiary route.

All travel operations will go on hold in the event of climactic disaster or nuke exchange.

Once contact and/or verification of team status is confirmed. Directions to bug out site to include route plans and tactics will be issued. Multiple locations make this necessary and also make survivability much more likely.

Plan on operating Com-Out in the event of an EMP attack.

Tatt,
Plan for the emergency,
Train to the plan,
Use a buddy system,
Plan for failure of the plan (remember Mr. Murphy?),
Train for the plan revisions,
Expect communications failure to foul up coordination efforts,
Have a plan for failures in any step of the plan.

You know, I am a licensed ham (N4YVN), but have been without radios for awhile. But as things are going down now, I think it's time for me to grab a portable 10M rig and a 2M hand-held for just such emergencies. Goes very well with firearms, and you don't need broadband or a land line.

Time to re-stock the vehicle and the home.

yep.....

Tatt,
Plan for the emergency,
Train to the plan,
Use a buddy system,
Plan for failure of the plan (remember Mr. Murphy?),
Train for the plan revisions,
Expect communications failure to foul up coordination efforts,
Have a plan for failures in any step of the plan.

Murphy and i are buddies from way back.:fie::help:

I tired using a ham once for commincations........I waited so long for a repsonse I got hungry and ate the damned thing.:lol::haha::crazy_pilot:

This is only an example of a plan with an active backup plan

This example did three things...
1. It caused you to think
2. It caused you to question
3. It caused you to revue your plan.

How do you get on this team?

Tex, you sit down with your kith n kin (friends & relatives), pool your resources, plan based on your (group) capabilities, practice your plan, evaluate and repair your plan, and then develop a couple of alternate plans. You get to be your own team, and if the wives let you, you might even get to be Team Captain.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back