Buffalo Wild Wing.

julez456

Just went to a BWW and on the door was a sign stating "Buffalo Wild Wings Inc bans firearms on this premises." I parked too far to take my gun back to the car..their wings are delicious. :)

Don't be a criminal

As CCW you are expected to live to a higher legal standard.
Not sure what your state laws are, if what you did was not criminal it was at least being a bad represention of our community.
Besides, why would you want to give your money to anti gun business?

In MO this would not be illegal. It also wouldn't be a poor representation of a ccwer, as they'd never know. I usually don't give my money to places that are anti-gun. However I take my firearm everywhere the law allows.., sometimes more. Concealed is concealed

These forums do crack me up sometimes.
A person walks away from a business with a NO FIREARM sign on the door and you will get lots of responses from people saying how they ignore the sign and use the business if they choose to.
However a person states that they did exactly that.....and he gets chastised for it. Maybe he was with a group of friends and didn't want to make a scene.

nymoose:287740 said:
These forums do crack me up sometimes.
A person walks away from a business with a NO FIREARM sign on the door and you will get lots of responses from people saying how they ignore the sign and use the business if they choose to.
However a person states that they did exactly that.....and he gets chastised for it. Maybe he was with a group of friends and didn't want to make a scene.

I was about to say the exact same thing. I see it all the time where people would say they just ignore the sign and go in anyways because "concealed is concealed" is the quote I always see. I was with my 8 year old son. He chose to eat here so we came here. Had I known they banned handguns here I would've suggested some place else. I was just here a couple months and didn't notice the sign last time. I will definitely not be back tho. And for the person who mentioned a "thread backfire", I could care less what you think. I don't post on here to get a kick out of anyone, to get approval from anyone, I was basically making it aware to everyone that BWW has banned firearms. Have a good one.

As CCW you are expected to live to a higher legal standard.

I respectfully disagree with you MarkX. As a CCW holder and daily carrier I adhere to the laws of my State. Nothing more, nothing less. If you adhere to the laws of your state then there is no higher legal standard. Now, if you said something like there is an expectation as a law abiding CCW holder to have a higher moral character and ethical standard...I can buy into that one.

In Texas that sign has no weight if law. As such I carry there anyway. There are only 2 signs that have weight of law behind them as such those are the only to signs I care about. Also they have to be legal signs, very very specific on size and wording. If the sign is not legal, it has no weight if law behind it. And as such I do not have to abide by it.

Buffalo wild wings are quite yummy!!

In MO this would not be illegal. It also wouldn't be a poor representation of a ccwer, as they'd never know. I usually don't give my money to places that are anti-gun. However I take my firearm everywhere the law allows.., sometimes more. Concealed is concealed

My general rule of thumb is that I'll carry unless I go through a security checkpoint that includes metal detectors, wands, etc. AND only if they are applying those same searches to everyone...don't mind being unarmed if I know that no one else is.

Remember, it's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 if it comes to it

I agree

jabatam:287759 said:

My general rule of thumb is that I'll carry unless I go through a security checkpoint that includes metal detectors, wands, etc. AND only if they are applying those same searches to everyone...don't mind being unarmed if I know that no one else is.

Remember, it's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 if it comes to it

I agree, but the point is you should avoid such a place, not violate the law.

Depending on the state, getting caught in a no carry zone, you could be unarmed permanently.

If Im not mistaken in KS, it must have the proper signage per the Attorney General, other wise there is no legal ramification and the business can only ask you to leave. Im assuming other states are the same.

My point, is that in MO, like many states, a sign on BWW door stating no weapons isn't breaking any laws. I've been in similar situations . I'm going in this time if I'm with friends etc., but would avoid the place in the future.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back