buffalo ny help

lurchmuffins

It's been 13 months and my app finally made its way back to the pistol permit office. Any one know about how long it will take for the judge to sign off on it?

Individual files do not go up to the Judge's chambers. Mr. Fowler's office prepares the file and sends them up in bundles consisting of 40 to 50 files. For files with no problems, the turn around time is usually about 48 hours. Then a letter goes out from the pistol permit office.

Go gun shopping now. You'll only have 60 days to register your first firearm on the permit otherwise your application is consider withdrawn. after the first weapon is registered on your permit (it could be a co-registered weapon owned by someone else) your permit is good for life.

HI NOGODS i think my buddy is in troulble then, he recived his 2 months after i did last yr. and he is under the impression erie county n.y gives us 6 months i forgot the rules on time period,

HI NOGODS i think my buddy is in troulble then, he recived his 2 months after i did last yr. and he is under the impression erie county n.y gives us 6 months i forgot the rules on time period,

What did his "congratulations" letter say about the time period?

City of Buffalo, county of Erie.

Received my permit in December 2011. I waited a grand total of 10 months and 14 days.

Guys at 7 months, you're not out of the woods just yet.
Guys at 13 months, you should be good-to-go soon.

Even after the long wait, don't be surprised if there are restrictions. Erie County is famous for issuing permits with restrictions for "hunting' or "target" only.....Then you get to wait a "suffucient time" to prove you're not an idiot before you can apply to have the restrictions removed. Most, including myself years ago, have had to wait approx 5 years before being issued an "Unrestricted" permit.
It's sort of a "Catch 22"... they will issue a hunting and target permit so you can prove you're responsible with your weapon, but if you can't carry it except to and from the range or hunting, how can you show them you are responsible?

I believe it's just their way to discourage the law abiding citizen from exercising their 2A rights. I think many just give up because it's too much of a hassle.
Good luck all.

Got mine this year it took 13 months. After the PD called for phone interview it takes 6-8 weeks to get your letter.
Then you get 90 days to buy your handgun and activate your permit downtown. Then you can pick up your firearm.

Damn!!! I knew it took long, but now I know Im going to be very impatient over the next year lol. I just got my fingerprints done today, so I have a long while to wait! Congrats to all those who got their letters! I cant wait to get mine. My wife is turning her app in this week also, so we will be waiting together.

Yeah that's why I moved to NC. I'm sick of NY and their gun laws. No ******** with putting guns on permits before you take em home and everythings cheaper.

It's sort of a "Catch 22"... they will issue a hunting and target permit so you can prove you're responsible with your weapon, but if you can't carry it except to and from the range or hunting, how can you show them you are responsible?
Meanwhile that deer you want to hunt dies of old-age before you get the permit.

If anyone has questions or needs help with their permit or the process, feel free to contact us.

[email protected]

I strongly recommend taking this offer if needed! I took the pistol class with James from FTWNY and he is very knowledgeable as well as helped me greatly with my application process and proper wording of certain areas of the application!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back