bribery is the first thing

crazycathed

I just ran across this. it's a good deal to get illegal guns off the street but aslo seems like a subtle ploy to disarm leitemate owners as well.
Link Removed

Nevermind, the link wasn't showing when I posted.

Last edited:
"Oh, thank heavens the police are here to take my guns away. I had so many of them, they're so horrible and scary."

I wonder where the money for the gift cards come from...maybe...tax payers? So the people's money buys guns from people, to be destroyed after they check to see if any are murder weapons. :wacko:

Why not take that same amount of tax dollars, and host free shooting lessons for the people.

Cooter, often times the gift cards are donated by businesses with anti-gun biases. Since these cards came from Best Buy, unless you KNOW their corporate policy is actually pro-gun, maybe the best buy for gun owners is somewhere else.

I'd say the taxpayers are out the cost of the roses and the labor hours involved in the gun collecting and later destruction. I won't begrudge the time involved in trying to match to any crimes.

Unless they were junk guns, don't these gun owners know they can get WAY more money from a private sale? They were checking numbers and taking names. It's not like you could just turn in stolen guns for some quick cash.

Being the civic minded guy that I am I have been wanting to start my own buy back program.:biggrin:

HK, buy a couple grand worth of $100 gift cards and see what you get? If the cards are at a place you would shop, you won't be out anything.

I'd give $100 bill, cash money for any guns they want to turn in to my newly founded buy back program. Even a run of the mill 38 special is bringing $300 at the gun stores. Goes to show that if the feds offer a little money for people to turn in their guns, some will. Especially if they need food money more than they need their gun at the time. The problem is that they turn in the gun for food money, then they end up needing the gun to keep others from stealing the food.

I'd give $100 bill, cash money for any guns they want to turn in to my newly founded buy back program. Even a run of the mill 38 special is bringing $300 at the gun stores. Goes to show that if the feds offer a little money for people to turn in their guns, some will. Especially if they need food money more than they need their gun at the time. The problem is that they turn in the gun for food money, then they end up needing the gun to keep others from stealing the food.

which is why I always say gun and ammo storage is just as important as food storage.

Being the civic minded guy that I am I have been wanting to start my own buy back program.:biggrin:

HK maybe we can get together and do one for Easter! I'll donate some colored easter eggs. Just let me know when and were. lol

HK maybe we can get together and do one for Easter! I'll donate some colored easter eggs. Just let me know when and were. lol

Works for me. I want to do all I can to make this a safe place. After all it takes a village.:sarcastic:

Renforces my beliefe that there are lots of REALLY stupid people in the world. This would be a way to fence a cheap hot gun though. Makes you wanna go out and steal something.:man_in_love:

My guess is that most of the guns brought in are stolen and the thieves know that they can go out and steal another one. Or some people have aquired guns by inheriting them from a relative and the gun means nothing to them, so they exchange them.

I have aquired tools from family members because they were left after a death and nobody in that imediate family had any use for them. I am still waiting to aquire some guns that way though.

Several PDs across the country run programs like these. It's nothing new. Many of these programs do not offer immunity if the gun turns up to be stolen or used in a crime.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back